Game Development: Frog Scholar

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Frog Scholar

Postby loftar » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:30 am

Ardennesss wrote:that's a very lackluster benefit slot.

Depends on whom you're asking, I guess. Jorb specifically requested that effect because he wanted it for himself.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby jorb » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:30 am

Ardennesss wrote:Just giving you constructive feedback, which you'd think I would know better than to try doing by now. All I'm saying is, for a credo with 7 pre-reqs, that's a very lackluster benefit slot.

Feel free to suggest changes.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Redlaw » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:34 am

I would think that having the base 3 would be enough for the credo personally like getting nomad. The study desk thing is fine in my book. Mystic seems to em to be leading to something grander then just scholar.... but that is just me.
Redlaw

Postby Dakkan » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:36 am

People get like 10m LP/h while questing. The extra slots will definitely help,and the chance to not consume a curio reduces the long term burden of churning them out as well. I can't comment on how much scholarly accounts will even things out, but hopefully a lot.

Never fucking mind, that is indeed very meh.
Last edited by Dakkan on Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dakkan

Postby Ardennesss » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:36 am

jorb wrote:
Ardennesss wrote:Just giving you constructive feedback, which you'd think I would know better than to try doing by now. All I'm saying is, for a credo with 7 pre-reqs, that's a very lackluster benefit slot.

Feel free to suggest changes.
I guess it depends on your goals with this credo and how powerful you want it to be. Extra study table slots only benefit you if you're offline for long enough periods of time that you deplete your entire table. Something like a percentage chance to double craft curios would be nice, but not super broken, or something as simple as a flat 5% curio LP boost. I can't really say for certain what you should change it to without someone finding out exactly how underpowered/overpowered the stage 5 benefit is. The 7 credos that you gatekept this behind are no joke, the most severe of which being Mystic. This isn't a credo that I personally would ever bother trying to get for that reason alone.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby GamingRAM » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:42 am

Hmmm.....

World 12: Quit at some point.
World 11: Community Fair Worker
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
World 9: Founder of SnoopVille, Resident of Emerald City
World 7: Hermit and Neighbor to a dead Korean
GamingRAM

Postby Luanes » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:43 am

I like the extra column and row. It is "useful" for casuals to maintain their study report full. But would rather to have an increased time duration(10% - 20%) on the the studies while keeping the LP/HOUR proportion.

Like:
Straw doll q10
LP: 850
Duration: 4 hours

20% increase
LP: 1020
Duration: 5 hours

10% increase
LP: 935
Duration: 4.4 hours
Luanes

Postby loftar » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:43 am

Ardennesss wrote:The 7 credos that you gatekept this behind are no joke, the most severe of which being Mystic. This isn't a credo that I personally would ever bother trying to get for that reason alone.

There may be a case to be made that we put it unnecessarily high up there, and I'm open to change that, but I also think that credos don't necessarily have to get more and more powerful the deeper they are. If you've gotten Mystic for its own sake, then Scholar might still be a nice thing to get without having to be more powerful than Mystic.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby MrBunzy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:45 am

Are you seriously making me do gardener... I really thought it would be a safe one to skip. Gotta spend weeks waiting on garden pots before i can try out the more efficient studying :cry:
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby Redlaw » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:47 am

Normaly yes I am this is nice and move on, cause ya. But scjolar seems odd. It be like asking for cave hermit and pearl diver for it (two hardest credos to get). Yes I get that not everyone should get every credo, but as it now I likely wont get this one before a world reset, cause it takes that much work. People are stuill doing mystic last I heard and that was since it came out....
Redlaw

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements