Game Development: Frog Scholar

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Frog Scholar

Postby blank » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:47 am

jorb wrote:
Ardennesss wrote:Just giving you constructive feedback, which you'd think I would know better than to try doing by now. All I'm saying is, for a credo with 7 pre-reqs, that's a very lackluster benefit slot.

Feel free to suggest changes.

What if it cost 1/2 the experience on curios studied or something as well? I do think it needs something else added imo.
blank

Postby Vesena » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:54 am

Is 'Study Table' the 4x4 Study Report in your character's inventory, or the 7x7 Study Desk furniture the Report automatically reloads from?
Vesena

Postby Ardennesss » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:00 am

Vesena wrote:Is 'Study Table' the 4x4 Study Report in your character's inventory, or the 7x7 Study Desk furniture the Report automatically reloads from?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby rhzk » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:02 am

Scholar and still no books? :?
rhzk

Postby Dakkan » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:02 am

Ardennesss wrote:
Vesena wrote:Is 'Study Table' the 4x4 Study Report in your character's inventory, or the 7x7 Study Desk furniture the Report automatically reloads from?
Dakkan

Postby jordancoles » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:06 am

Luanes wrote:I like the extra column and row. It is "useful" for casuals to maintain their study report full.

You're not getting this credo as a casual
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Aceb » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:06 am

Intelligence +15, Lore +15
Small chance to avoid consuming studied curiosities.
'Contemplation & Meditation' cost reduced by half.
Extra row and column on your study table.
Ability to create Scholarly Accounts.
Scholar depends on Gardener, Mystic and Quarryman.

Instead:

Intelligence +20, Will + 15, Lore + 10
Small chance to double a curiosity produced (darkheart, mother of pearls and etc. included)
'Contemplation & Meditation' reduces study time by 60%
Extra row and column on your study table + extra chance to trigger a some low yelding experience event (paper of knowledge or something, when crafting knowledge papers).
Ability to create Scholarly Accounts and +15% convenience bonus. (or move bonus to one of previous ones)

Scholar depends on Gardener, Mystic and Miner.

Just my personal feedback.

loftar wrote:
Ardennesss wrote:that's a very lackluster benefit slot.

Depends on whom you're asking, I guess. Jorb specifically requested that effect because he wanted it for himself.

Also I understand it might be so high to prevent abusing this for claim holding alts.
Last edited by Aceb on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby loftar » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:07 am

It's the study desk. Clearly, there's no room in the user interface for an extended Study Report. ;)
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby kimjungskill » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:11 am

loftar wrote:
Ardennesss wrote:The 7 credos that you gatekept this behind are no joke, the most severe of which being Mystic. This isn't a credo that I personally would ever bother trying to get for that reason alone.

There may be a case to be made that we put it unnecessarily high up there, and I'm open to change that, but I also think that credos don't necessarily have to get more and more powerful the deeper they are. If you've gotten Mystic for its own sake, then Scholar might still be a nice thing to get without having to be more powerful than Mystic.

I mean, serious question, if you're not going to make it balanced what's the point of even putting dev hours towards adding it in the game? If deeper credos, especially after hard ones like mystic, don't offer reward for their trouble then you essentially have unused content.

jorb wrote:You are limited in terms of how many scholarly accounts you can produce per unit of time, and you can only make accounts of a particular curiosity some slightly random number of times.

I like the idea of written accounts, but you basically lose your 5th credo perk at some point unless this undisclosed number is quite high. That seems pretty bad.

Also jorb, the hats are a lot better lately, thanks!
kimjungskill

Postby loftar » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:15 am

kimjungskill wrote:I mean, serious question, if you're not going to make it balanced what's the point of even putting dev hours towards adding it in the game? If deeper credos, especially after hard ones like mystic, don't offer reward for their trouble then you essentially have unused content.

That's exactly what I'm questioning, though. I mean, sure, I get that you perhaps wouldn't get Mystic just for the sake of getting Scholar. But if you have Mystic, what is the argument against getting Scholar too?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements