Divine Intervention: Friends of Gerdgen

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Divine Intervention: Friends of Gerdgen

Postby zebratul » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:03 pm

It seems that the main crime here was using CwN skill multiple times in the row. It's questionable how much of a transgression this actually is, imho, because you still can channel and abandon quests one by one, until you contact your favourite quest giver.
Punishing a tree, of all things, makes me think of ancient Greece, where an object that killed a man in an accident would be taken to court, judged, and exiled. If anything, the offending party could just select a different quest giver, still connected to their glorius road network.

Unless, of course, completing quests with roads is a crime, in which case admins need to adress this by reworking roads (weariness is a popular idea), not by sending cryptic messages on the board.
I've played Haven extensively, and in my whole playlife only encountered (was victim to) an abusable bug once, which was promptly fixed. But, however, some interactions in the game are quite intricate, and it's never clear what is a bug to be reported, and what is a «creative use of game mechanics». For example, is hunting via boats, bouncing the fleeing animal around the shallows is one of such bugs? I've used this method all the time and even included it in my guide, which was recieved well, despite showing clear abuse of the animal AI.
In cases like these, i believe that it's the game that must priority — to be made better, more balanced and polished. Punishing the community is relatively pointless — players will optimize the fun/mystery from the game, and killing a tree affects more people, who did nothing wrong, then just the offenders.
zebratul

Postby jorb » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:25 pm

We consider this matter closed for now with the changes that we have made. There will be future changes to adress some issues we see, but you may resume as you were.

"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby maze » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:11 am

the world is so far gone that millions of exp/lp seems normal to these guys.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Ardennesss » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:38 am

maze wrote:the world is so far gone that millions of exp/lp is normal to these guys.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby Enjoyment » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:11 am

You should take a look from other side - that's kind of miracle jorb created. With all that "bugged charisma" he made so all PvPers have leaved their bases and roam through the world. First time ever
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Postby DatSheep » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:06 pm

I really agree with both Zebratul and MooCow's statements. Though as MooCow said, this is Jorb's right as dev, so yeah this matter is done for now. But maybe it'll be a good lesson for future situations where abuse of some sort happens but is iffy in nature like this one.
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby Kaios » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:44 am

jordancoles wrote:Step 1) get retarded CHA
Step 2) build a road network to a far off quest giver
Step 3) commune with nature to get the questgiver you want
Step 4) do the quest

thx this was the only post in this entire thread that coherently explained what was happening

also it is spelled address
Kaios

Previous

Return to Announcements