Divine Intervention: Friends of Gerdgen

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Divine Intervention: Friends of Gerdgen

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:15 am

loftar wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:The commune with nature shit really wasn't good at all, no one cares about it.

Looking at the logs for how it was used, it appears to have been cared about.

It didn't make or break using Gerdgen. You still can just use a bot to cycle communes anyway.
DDDsDD999

Postby NOOBY93 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:15 am

Audiosmurf wrote:
Entrenched Haven & Hearth Community wrote:>abuse bugs
>get a slap on the wrist
>cry like the fucking world is ending

Like clockwork

>be retarded
>comment on shit you know nothing about
>smirk smugly and feel superior
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Ardennesss » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:15 am

loftar wrote:I think it should be pretty clear to anyone with half a brain that being able to use Commune with Nature to effectively choose your questgivers is not an intended mechanic, and should have been reported. Especially queuing up 15 of them simultaneously even though the game is otherwise very clear with the fact that you can only have one wind quest at a time is pretty obviously a bug
You're aware you can drink water while running too, right? Just want to clarify so I don't get nuked for bug abuse. And having cheese stored in more than 1 tower so I can produce more of it than most people, is that on the up and up? Can we just have a dev stream where we go over every mechanic in the game and make sure it's allowed?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby loftar » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:16 am

julian12it wrote:What's outrageous is your punishment methods of removing the tree from one group of users when others have the equivalent. Every other faction uses this method in acquiring quests.

If that is your fear, I can assure you noone else had anything remotely equivalent.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby MrBunzy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:16 am

So the perceived bug here, is that there is too little downtime between quests, and we should be forced to run a commune script for a minute or two between each one? Why not just stick an actual timer on quest completion to make people do something else between quests.

Also, for the record, I quested on gerdgen before the commune change, and it was still totally viable to have a majority of quests be to gerdgen, albeit less efficient because there were some of his destination trees mixed in.
Last edited by MrBunzy on Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby NOOBY93 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:17 am

Seems like spam creating gilds and clothes to make a multiple-gilded piece should be nukeable too, as it uses a repetitive action to turn something random into something consistent. But back in my day that was just called grinding.

loftar wrote:
julian12it wrote:What's outrageous is your punishment methods of removing the tree from one group of users when others have the equivalent. Every other faction uses this method in acquiring quests.

If that is your fear, I can assure you noone else had anything remotely equivalent.

shit no yeah you're right, the others didn't play as well so this group clearly had to be taken down a notch
Last edited by NOOBY93 on Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:17 am

loftar wrote:

no one else built a road system like us so we got nerfd t b h nice 1 bro

maybe delete roads while ur at it
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Dakkan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:18 am

loftar wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:lol do you actually think there was a bug involved or something?? i cant believe this LOL

julian12it wrote:Oh nooo, we figured out how the game works because our developers don't tell us shit. Haha lets punish them!

I think it should be pretty clear to anyone with half a brain that being able to use Commune with Nature to effectively choose your questgivers is not an intended mechanic, and should have been reported. Especially queuing up 15 of them simultaneously even though the game is otherwise very clear with the fact that you can only have one wind quest at a time is pretty obviously a bug.

I'm very surprised you didn't already know about it. I was under the impression you were just ignoring the rampant questing LP gainz until next world.
Dakkan

Postby Lyrroth » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:19 am

okay commune with nature was broken as i did expected but wait, why punish a tree, explain it loud and clear (PLEASE), because i just dont personally get it

i never touched that one particular nor abused commune

also using commune with nature in wrong way by abusing it in a way you shouldnt do is a bug use!
Lyrroth

Postby Audiosmurf » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:20 am

NOOBY93 wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:
Entrenched Haven & Hearth Community wrote:>abuse bugs
>get a slap on the wrist
>cry like the fucking world is ending

Like clockwork

>be retarded
>comment on shit you know nothing about
>smirk smugly and feel superior

Excuse me if I trust the guys running the game to have a better idea what's bug abuse than someone throwing a tantrum over a perceived injustice. Get over yourself, this is the same retarded shitstorm that comes up every time anyone gets genuinely punished for shenanigans.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements