Game Development: Blazing Trellis

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Blazing Trellis

Postby uudon » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:11 am

jorb wrote:Today's Patch Item, for the fair price of $10, is the "Quest Giver's Stump".
Store Description wrote:Image$10 You have a feeling that the hat you're wearing may be the ill-gotten gain of a foul murder.

RIP Gerdgen.
:^)
uudon

Postby MooCow » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:17 am

loftar wrote:Do feel free to post other particular constellations or usage patterns that you feel should work but don't currently, and I'll consider if there's something reasonable that I should do about them.

The harvesting with multiple on the same tile works fine for me, when I harvest a whole line (my crops are planted north/south)
the AI walks the entire line, harvesting just one crop, attempts to walk around the trellis at the and and harvests another line. If i am on the west side, it will not get all the way around the trellis before going back to the west side. If i am on the east side, it will switch to harvesting from the west side.

The only required 'fix' would be either
Auto harvester checks to see if it can harvest the same tile again before moving on
OR
When it gets to the end or a row, it checks to see if it can re-harvest the same line, before it attempts to walk around to the other side

I like the second option, because it looks cool when you walk up and down the line of crops.
MooCow

Postby Dakkan » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:28 am

Some awesome updates for early next world though. Braziers to keep lit 24/7 during that starting period where people might need to suffer through a firebrand because the village campfire went out. Better trellis harvesting, plus some pea/cucumber stockpiles gained this world, hopefully will mean more of the less used foods. I always wanted to make lots of ring of brodgars (the eel type) this world, but pea farming made it awful.
Dakkan

Postby Artemiswhb » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:58 am

Besides the weirdness of the mass harvest with multiple trellises, it's a great update! :D
Artemiswhb

Postby zebratul » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:21 am

I appreciate the hat. It's a nice touch.
zebratul

Postby azrid » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:56 am

For an easy fix on the trellis problem you just need to make trellis into ghosts that you can walk through.
azrid

Postby popfor » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:27 am

trellis shit is 10/10
so when are all of the current bots going to be integrated into the game? i vote for haven to be 1 big bot that we just queue and watch like slaves 8-) 8-) 8-)
wilderness slave simulator
Image Image
my avatar is stolen without permission
#badboysclub
popfor

Location: E̹̙̺̬̖͈̘̭̙̘̔̈́̍͆͌̋̊̈́̀̎d̡̨̺̠̠̜̲̹͕̯̑̀͂͂̈̇̿̏͝͝g̨̙̻̼͎͖̱͔̗͙̐̅̇͗̈́̔͛̌̌͠ŷ͔̼͓̺̮̪̫̙̬̐͊̀́̊͆͝͝͝ͅ

Postby tyrtix » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:35 pm

popfor wrote:so when are all of the current bots going to be integrated into the game? i vote for haven to be 1 big bot that we just queue and watch like slaves 8-) 8-) 8-)
wilderness slave simulator

This has been already proposed, moving the thread to critiques and ideas :p
tyrtix

Postby Myrgard » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:47 pm

You know I just had this crazy idea. Now that we have braziers you could turn them into sort of defence towers that would harm near by enemies committing crime on a claim.
Myrgard

Postby GaraDasha » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:05 pm

Myrgard wrote:You know I just had this crazy idea. Now that we have braziers you could turn them into sort of defence towers that would harm near by enemies committing crime on a claim.

What an outsaleming salemious saleidea.
GaraDasha

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements