Game Development: Grid Strider

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Grid Strider

Postby DatSheep » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:14 am

TBH I am patch deprived and who knows when I get into withdrawal. Let's hope that meaty meat sweet update comes soon enough for us
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby shubla » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:00 pm

DatSheep wrote:TBH I am patch deprived and who knows when I get into withdrawal. Let's hope that meaty meat sweet update comes soon enough for us

The new update Will include 2 new birds, a hat and a new weird useless mechanic that no one wanted.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby DatSheep » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:42 pm

shubla wrote:
DatSheep wrote:TBH I am patch deprived and who knows when I get into withdrawal. Let's hope that meaty meat sweet update comes soon enough for us

The new update Will include 2 new birds, a hat and a new weird useless mechanic that no one wanted.

ayyy yeet ¦]
since its meaty how about 4 birds?? crazy ikr, but i have faith in jorb. the hat will be food based and the mechanic is gonna be you have to sacrifice an item every time you speak to a quest giver, then they give you an item from the pool of offerings already given to them/all the questgivers
DatSheep

Postby Vesena » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:32 pm

Anything less than tamable Reindeer, a Reindeer dungeon that rewards magic wood, and a sleigh you can build from that magic wood to fly over the kingdom dropping presents to other hearthlings will make me feel let down.
Vesena

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:43 pm

What about a mega comet, but instead of containing ore it just acts as a magical alien beacon to spawn infinite Krampus ogres with greater-than-troll-like difficulty that drop nothing but coal. The comet will cause an immediate snow biome around it that spreads indefinitely, along with a dust in the air that blocks out the sun.

Crops stop growing.
Livestock dies.
Trees die, all flora and fauna dies.

The comet seems to be growing underground, making caves at all levels impassible ice caverns filled with twisted comet-like material tendrils that spawn krampus demons of all sorts.

Indefinite night falls upon the hearth and powerful alien krampus demons wander aimlessly, thirsty for blood. The magical alien snow decays claims instantly. Cairns are frozen over in to ice mounds. Village totem fires burn out along with hearth fires. Walls and structures of all kinds brittle in the freeze and are easily smashed. Hearthlings slowly starve to death as they wander the hearth in a wild, desperate attempt to survive the deadly demon ice age. Looting and cannibalism become commonplace. The dead riddle the ground in droves as snowy frozen lumps of flesh.

Just when all hope seems to be lost a crack forms in the thick stormy dustcloud that envelopes the hearth. Light shines downf or the first time in what seems to be months, instantly melting the alien demon snow below. A hearthling is seen floating down from the skies amidst the cone of powerful light. His hand raised to the sky triumphantly holding a tiny object.

As the hearthling hits the ground, the hearth trembles and quakes. Evil demon snow rapidly melts around him and all nearby evil krampus demons perish.

His hand opens, revealing a small plastic object with a bit of tape on it and a small metal rectangle coming out the end of it. It glows so brightly and powerfully that it's almost impossible to make it out clearly, but with great focus the words "client rewrite" can be seen scribbled across the tape.

Just then, the hearthling assumes a dominant wide legged stance and smirks menacingly. He grips the small plastic object readily and in an instant he takes a knee and stabs the object in to the ground with such great force that time itself seems to stop....

A message, as if sent from the heavens echoes through the very core of existence itself.

"the server will shut down in 1 minute"
Zentetsuken

Postby HasseKebab » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:49 pm

That was a great read
HasseKebab

Postby DatSheep » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:40 pm

Jfc aleck first hafen merch and now hafen fanfiction?? A true Renaissance man thou art...
DatSheep

Postby tyrtix » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:42 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:What about a mega comet, but instead of containing ore it just acts as a magical alien beacon to spawn infinite Krampus ogres with greater-than-troll-like difficulty that drop nothing but coal. The comet will cause an immediate snow biome around it that spreads indefinitely, along with a dust in the air that blocks out the sun.

Crops stop growing.
Livestock dies.

The comet seems to be growing underground, making caves at all levels impassible ice caverns filled with twisted comet-like material tendrils that spawn krampus demons of all sorts.

Indefinite night falls upon the hearth and powerful alien krampus demons wander aimlessly, thirsty for blood. The magical alien snow decays claims instantly. Cairns are frozen over in to ice mounds. Village totem fires burn out along with hearth fires. Walls and structures of all kinds brittle in the freeze and are easily smashed. Hearthlings slowly starve to death as they wander the hearth in a wild, desperate attempt to survive the deadly demon ice age. Looting and cannibalism become commonplace. The dead riddle the ground in droves as snowy frozen lumps of flesh.

Just when all hope seems to be lost a crack forms in the thick stormy dustcloud that envelopes the hearth. Light shines downf or the first time in what seems to be months, instantly melting the alien demon snow below. A hearthling is seen floating down from the skies amidst the cone of powerful light. His hand raised to the sky triumphantly holding a tiny object.

As the hearthling hits the ground, the hearth trembles and quakes. Evil demon snow rapidly melts around him and all nearby evil krampus demons perish.

His hand opens, revealing a small plastic object with a bit of tape on it and a small metal rectangle coming out the end of it. It glows so brightly and powerfully that it's almost impossible to make it out clearly, but with great focus the words "client rewrite" can be seen scribbled across the tape.

Just then, the hearthling assumes a dominant wide legged stance and smirks menacingly. He grips the small plastic object readily and in an instant he takes a knee and stabs the object in to the ground with such great force that time itself seems to stop....

A message, as if sent from the heavens echoes through the very core of existence itself.

So long....i guess i can do the same by hacking this weird, special golden support beam i've found at level 5 and seems to have a trapdoor under..want to see what's inside..
tyrtix

Postby DatSheep » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:41 pm

tyrtix wrote:
Zentetsuken wrote:What about a mega comet, but instead of containing ore it just acts as a magical alien beacon to spawn infinite Krampus ogres with greater-than-troll-like difficulty that drop nothing but coal. The comet will cause an immediate snow biome around it that spreads indefinitely, along with a dust in the air that blocks out the sun.

Crops stop growing.
Livestock dies.

So long....i guess i can do the same by hacking this weird, special golden support beam i've found at level 5 and seems to have a trapdoor under..want to see what's inside..

:Rllybigthonk: yeah sure let's check it out
DatSheep

Previous

Return to Announcements