Game Development: Grid Strider

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Grid Strider

Postby shubla » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:32 pm

abt79 wrote:It’s crazy to think that even in a game without object controlled objects and therefore without a proper sense of z-axis space relative to one’s head that the joke was still able to fly over yours.

Or maybe it is you who can not understand what he reads :lol:
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Overion » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:40 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:this change to not be able to drop lifted objects on a horse is ruining my life.... PLEASE FIX.... PLEASE........

This... PLEASE FIX IT!

This makes routine work disgusting.
Overion
Under curfew

Postby Clovery » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:05 pm

jorb wrote:You didn't read what I wrote, nor did you bother to understand it, and we could all be nicer to one another. Thank you for your support.

Forgive Avien, he's retarded :)
Clovery

Postby abt79 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:16 pm

shubla wrote:
abt79 wrote:It’s crazy to think that even in a game without object controlled objects and therefore without a proper sense of z-axis space relative to one’s head that the joke was still able to fly over yours.

sure dude
Jorb says you need permissions to cut cheese, Kaios (who has been playing the game for eight years and might perhaps know what claim perms are) makes a silly fart joke, you give a serious answer (which is honestly probably wrong as theft really makes more sense in this case) and that makes me the one who doesn’t get it
abt79

Postby abt79 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:22 pm

LaserSaysPew wrote:

I'm curious: how are object controlled objects connected to "a proper sense of z-axis space relative to one's head"?

z axis only really applies to soil and everything else is tile-controlled; cave/house ceilings don’t technically exist as caves/burrows/buildings are just separate instances of the same kind of world. That is, the world in a practical sense is just a bunch of tiles with objects on top of them, so one object (the joke) could not technically be “over” another object (a player) in any real sense.
abt79

Postby shubla » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:26 pm

abt79 wrote:
shubla wrote:

sure dude
Jorb says you need permissions to cut cheese, Kaios (who has been playing the game for eight years and might perhaps know what claim perms are) makes a silly fart joke, you give a serious answer (which is honestly probably wrong as theft really makes more sense in this case) and that makes me the one who doesn’t get it

Jorb says you need permissions to cut cheese
Shubla does not know what it means so he googles and finds out it refers to fart
Kaios, who has only played the game ~1 year longer than shubla makes a silly fart joke
Shubla think that farting count as vandalism
abt79 comes and does not understand what he reads

yes it makes you the one who does not get it
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
shubla

Postby abt79 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:31 pm

shubla wrote:
abt79 wrote:
shubla wrote:Or maybe it is you who can not understand what he reads :lol:

sure dude

Jorb says you need permissions to cut cheese
Shubla does not know what it means so he googles and finds out it refers to fart
Kaios, who has only played the game ~1 year longer than shubla makes a silly fart joke
Shubla think that farting count as vandalism
abt79 comes and does not understand what he reads

yes it makes you the one who does not get it

Okay this (^this) is, indeed, epic
Could’ve phrased that better tbh, “a farting license counts as vandalism” doesn’t really make any sense. He took “permission to cut cheese” out of the context of haven and that’s the entire joke, you bringing it back into haven is clunky and doesn’t fit the joke. In other words, it shows you didn’t understand the joke.

Also glad to hear 2013-1=2010
abt79

Postby shubla » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:51 pm

abt79 wrote:Could’ve phrased that better tbh, “a farting license counts as vandalism” doesn’t really make any sense. He took “permission to cut cheese” out of the context of haven and that’s the entire joke, you bringing it back into haven is clunky and doesn’t fit the joke. In other words, it shows you didn’t understand the joke.

lol at ur defences
its clear to everybody that its u who made the mistake and my post is absolutely flawless but u can believe what u think is right!! only making urself look stupid on front of others :?
abt79 wrote:Also glad to hear 2013-1=2010

Its not like you could have more than 1 account in this game.
shubla

Postby abt79 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:09 pm

shubla wrote:
abt79 wrote:Could’ve phrased that better tbh, “a farting license counts as vandalism” doesn’t really make any sense. He took “permission to cut cheese” out of the context of haven and that’s the entire joke, you bringing it back into haven is clunky and doesn’t fit the joke. In other words, it shows you didn’t understand the joke.

lol at ur defences
its clear to everybody that its u who made the mistake and my post is absolutely flawless but u can believe what u think is right!! only making urself look stupid on front of others :?
abt79 wrote:Also glad to hear 2013-1=2010

Its not like you could have more than 1 account in this game.

Wow guess I shouldn’t expect much reading comprehension from the man famous for his completely horrendous suggestions as well as his inability to see how stupid they are, and yet says I’m lookin stupid
See you next week when you suggest wounds from making stockpiles or something
abt79

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:02 pm

I got shubla's joke from the start, and I'm pretty dense when it comes to jokes. Will have to give an A+ to this exchange.

abt79 wrote:yet says I’m lookin stupid

I figured out shubla does shubla because of some shtick. He's certainly not as bad as he comes across. What his purpose is in many of his posts... I'm not sure. However, I think it's safe to say shubla won this round.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements