Headsup: Change to movement implementation

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Headsup: Change to movement implementation

Postby loftar » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:32 pm

Granger wrote:Spending the whole life on a horse - while farming, cooking, crafting, mining, whatnot - on the other hand is IMHO silly and should get the axe.

That has been my thought, too.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby shubla » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:56 pm

loftar wrote:
Granger wrote:Spending the whole life on a horse - while farming, cooking, crafting, mining, whatnot - on the other hand is IMHO silly and should get the axe.

I agree!
Horses should only be used for getting from place A to place B. Not for farming, chopping trees and sewing!
You can even enter houses while riding horses :roll:
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Redkat » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:31 pm

I'd be really really sad if I cant move heavy stuff like trough and logs on a horse :(
Redkat

Postby Aceb » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:56 pm

loftar wrote:

Farming - on a horse has almost 0 benefits, just use satiety of a horse a bit faster
Cooking - wasn't that disabled sometime ago or smth?
Crafting - Where's problem with that lel, it helps a lot to move from point A to B to craft something
Minning - many prefer not to mine on a horse just to have time to escape from troll

It is somewhat unique for Haven.
Please don't take that way.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby pheonix » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:18 pm

loftar wrote:
loftar wrote:the """problem""" of not being able to put down carried things when mounted.

Also, thoughts on formally making it so that things cannot be carried while mounted, as a reasonable form of compensation for the benefits of being mounted? ¦]

I'm really hoping this is a troll post.

And surprise surprise Granger and shubla both love it (the vocal minority who barely even play the game past nettle), coz fuck the hundreds of players that like this nice feature the ones that buy items and pay subs nooo just fuck them over some more.

As i was discussing with my team mates why dont you expand the horse features rather then nerf them? give horses strength so we can use them like plow horses or ways to harvest faster using a horse or pull bigger carts (not wagons coz the ui is terrible pulling things out quickly). This way you dont nerf horses but Expand upon them and add an end game stage of breeding plow horses.
pheonix

Postby snooboo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:03 am

I would prefer it if we could keep the ability to lift, carry, and put down objects while on a horse. It is beneficial, especially while carrying heavy objects.

Getting an animation for mounting and dismounting would be cool for extra flavor.
snooboo

Postby shubla » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:36 am

Well of course players resist it
Dont listen to them.
They dont know whats best for them.
If they got to decide about things we would soon have ability to teleport on click, because its faster than walking.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Thedrah » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:34 am

last time i played, i used the saddlebags of a horse to keep buckets of stuff like water/seeds(farming). i would keep my horse as a packmule when mining (tethered to a mine support so i can run from troll). took bulls earlier but would have to head back to eat/rest more often than i would run out of supplies the bull could carry

horse life is a QoL thing. but it does drop some immersion points. i vote for horselife as its unique and interesting. i just hope we get more mounts/pets. i always loved it when my horse would help fight a bear with me
  ▲
▲ ▲
Thedrah

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:27 am

snooboo wrote:I would prefer it if we could keep the ability to lift, carry, and put down objects while on a horse. It is beneficial, especially while carrying heavy objects.

This is what carts are for. I mean, you had a driver and a porter to deliver goods. One guy managed the horses, the other managed the cargo. If it was a poor farmer, he usually had to do both.

An addendum: I think any changes right now are silly. There are much greater priorities at hand for development. I find games where you want to constantly mount and dismount annoying, too. I've played games where you don't have to, but you lose the riding bonuses (usually extra speed) when involved in some activities so you don't have to constantly wait on casting timers ("summon mount"). That seemed to be a fairly reasonable compromise between the two.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby ctopolon4 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:56 am

lets make game x2 slower, make ppl play it x2 longer (NOPE)
ctopolon4

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements