Prelude: World 11

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 11

Postby jordancoles » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:13 am

Natural resources should be depleated on day 1

Its not fun to have to spawn in the wild over and over frantically collecting those resources before anyone else rather than actually playing the game
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Pupsi » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:16 am

jorb wrote:
Pupsi wrote:But verification still on?

Yes, of course.

Wow, i could buy another one if it was possible. Waiting for cool hat for happy new clean better year :mrgreen:
w5 Hermit>Road Ville>Horde>RQ
w6 The Sparta
w7 Isla de la tortuga>A.D>CookieVille (not sure if it was w7 or w6)
w8 Amish Paradise
w9 Amish Paradise
w10 Amish Paradise > Maid Cafe (until april 2017)
w11 Funcy Huts
w12 :P
Pupsi

Postby Zentetsuken » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:23 am

Zentetsuken

Postby Salad » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:39 am

let us pray that population retention is better this world, It's nice to have the influx of new people, but they rarely ever stay for long.

Not like i'm any better, I went into super low power maintenance mode a few months into W10 and only ever really played consistent for around 3-4 months out of the whole world.
Salad

Postby eliminoid » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:50 am

jordancoles wrote:Natural resources should be depleated on day 1

Its not fun to have to spawn in the wild over and over frantically collecting those resources before anyone else rather than actually playing the game

Yes please
Hi
eliminoid

Postby Pupsi » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:56 am

Salad wrote:let us pray that population retention is better this world, It's nice to have the influx of new people, but they rarely ever stay for long.

Not like i'm any better, I went into super low power maintenance mode a few months into W10 and only ever really played consistent for around 3-4 months out of the whole world.

If we would not kill everyone we meet at early stages, probably 2 of 5 would stay for longer. :mrgreen:
w5 Hermit>Road Ville>Horde>RQ
w6 The Sparta
w7 Isla de la tortuga>A.D>CookieVille (not sure if it was w7 or w6)
w8 Amish Paradise
w9 Amish Paradise
w10 Amish Paradise > Maid Cafe (until april 2017)
w11 Funcy Huts
w12 :P
Pupsi

Postby Scilly_guy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:11 am

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
stickman wrote:-At start of world start all resources should start empty
-Remove the ability to check when resources will next spawn
-add randomness to the re-spawn timers... like instead of everything spawning at the same time every 3 days... maybe it 72 hours + random number between -24 and 24.

Yes PLEASE. All of these are excellent ideas, though I think it should be 'anytime in the next 72-168 hours'. So the minimum time is 3 days, the most is a week. I suppose 3-5 would have a similar effect.

I don't know if the ability to see when resources respawn should be removed entirely, I think it could just be made fuzzy, for instance a random amount of time +/-3hrs is added to the time and then that is rounded to the nearest multiple of 24hrs. So if it will be in the next 12hrs you will simply be told it will regenerate "soon™ ", the next 24hrs "a while", more than 36hrs "not for ages", +56hrs "looks like it was collected recently". To stop people from being able to spam requests to round out the randomness, because someone would bot that no doubt, seed the "haziness" with unix time truncated by 1000, you would only get a new random time approximately every 15 minutes.

Alternatively, as the devs have enough to do, just remove it entirely, although to be honest I could have coded that faster than typing it out, they should DEFINITELY add randomness to the re-spawn, even +/-12hrs would be something, but I'm all for more than that.
Scilly_guy

Postby Dakkan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:33 am

I was hoping the pyramid would be a nice example of why we want a skybox.

But, you really surprised me with the visit!
Dakkan

Postby elithe4th » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:57 am

jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new...

After helping HH destroy a core holdout players known as Quiet Storm by changing critical mechanics mid siege, and as many other things we could think of to kill our game, were going to delete all your progress so we can let you down again.

All things return to new beginnings.

Enjoy.

¦]

EDIT: but really, Jorb, let me know if HH is gona be daddy's favorite again so I can save myself the trouble of playing again.
elithe4th

Postby loftar » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:04 am

elithe4th wrote:let me know if HH is gona be daddy's favorite again so I can save myself the trouble of playing again.

I would have thought that the Gerdgen event would have spoke enough against the idea of them being that.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements