Prelude: World 11

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 11

Postby terechgracz » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:11 pm

Wilderness Beacons will be still as they are or you will allow people to play together from start?
terechgracz

Postby ghandhikus » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:16 pm

To be honest, group start could be a thing, it's not that hard to implement too. Code for normal distribution is already here from legacy, and still exists in charter stones.

edit: for example, you could input group code, for a few hours after spawning somewhere in the world. Only temporarily at first month at least, to avoid people mass spawning near villages. It could also be limited to like 5 people spawning. After that it will no longer be viable for spawning there.
Last edited by ghandhikus on Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of Game-design and Java Programmer
Image RIP lather ball 2017/08/24 01:21
ghandhikus

Postby Hrenli » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:16 pm

terechgracz wrote:Wilderness Beacons will be still as they are or you will allow people to play together from start?

https://youtu.be/tekV3IRyvyY?t=6046
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby HappyBuffalo » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:53 pm

ghandhikus wrote:To be honest, group start could be a thing, it's not that hard to implement too. Code for normal distribution is already here from legacy, and still exists in charter stones.

edit: for example, you could input group code, for a few hours after spawning somewhere in the world. Only temporarily at first month at least, to avoid people mass spawning near villages. It could also be limited to like 5 people spawning. After that it will no longer be viable for spawning there.

Getting together is a part of game-play. Wilderness beacon is more than needed. In some other big titles I won't tell the name you have to run 5 hours straight :D
HappyBuffalo

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:03 pm

HappyBuffalo wrote:Getting together is a part of game-play. Wilderness beacon is more than needed. In some other big titles I won't tell the name you have to run 5 hours straight

In legacy, you just set a hearth secret and spawned at the person's hearth fire. No beacon needed, but it is greatly appreciated.

It could be a bit cheaper, though.

Yorla wrote:
Granger wrote:Let me make a slight joke from time to time please, will you?

Nope. Not without warning me in advance.

This is what you get for playing bad cop all the time.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Ysh » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:37 pm

I think beacon is fine. I like that there is some cost to spawn new character to particular location. I will not mind if there is more expensive beacon object that can be used more than one time though.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Hrenli » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:48 pm

Yorla wrote:Nope. Not without warning me in advance.

"Small announcement of minor importance: Granger about to make a joke next Friday" :D
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:54 pm

Ysh wrote:I will not mind if there is more expensive beacon object that can be used more than one time though.

But then you have charter stones for this, yes? If you're looking for something for the wilderness, you run into the same possibility of abuse that caused the introduction of the beacon for spawning in friends and alts.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Ysh » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:58 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Ysh wrote:I will not mind if there is more expensive beacon object that can be used more than one time though.

But then you have charter stones for this, yes?

Indeed!
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Granger » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:52 pm

Charter stones don't help early world when it comes to gather your friends so the group can erect a village.

Hrenli wrote:
Yorla wrote:Nope. Not without warning me in advance.

"Small announcement of minor importance: Granger about to make a joke next Friday" :D

Will try not to forget, to not add to the confusion by accident ;)
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements