Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:52 am

jorb wrote:
DDDsDD999 wrote:Fueling your teammates, carrying boats/coracles for teammates, hoping someone misclicks their aggro in a group fight, stealing speedbuffs with horses, body blocking people, blocking people with stockpiles. There's tons of reasons you'd want to aggro someone but wouldn't because they can kill you, and you can't kill them.

I mean, sure, but you can use an alt for most of that as it is, no?

But that alt can get instadowned. If you use an alt to fuel someone people will just cap your alt in 2-3 hits. Mains without rage can now fuel people with no problem whatsoever.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby jordancoles » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:54 am

It's hard to know who you have/haven't agro'd as well if everyone is in the same gear and unkinned. It's not uncommon to lose agro on a person in a group fight and reagro them, and it is also very possible to accidentally agro someone new when clicking on a clump of people trying to switch targets
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby jorb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:56 am

I mean, the alternative is that no one can be killed in combat, in which case those exact things would still all be the case, no? What does this actively change for the worse?

What, exactly, do we mean by fueling, by the way?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Ozzy123 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:57 am

jorb wrote:

Guy X has combat meditation/bloodlust manouver on, guy Y uses sideswipe on guy X with 1 meele to fuel these manouvers so guy X can attack someone else.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby jorb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:57 am

jordancoles wrote:It's hard to know who you have/haven't agro'd as well if everyone is in the same gear and unkinned. It's not uncommon to lose agro on a person in a group fight and reagro them, and it is also very possible to accidentally agro someone new when clicking on a clump of people trying to switch targets

That I could see, and I guess the imbalance could be a bit dumb there. Will think some more about it.

If you're right we can turn it off again. I'm not in any way wed to this change, It merely seemed like it could be an interesting medium to bring back some more death.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby donatas081294 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:58 am

I like the fact, that people can be killed of the ones that want to kill you. Because if you don't have rage you get knocked out and then return to hearth fire, but they couldn't. So in self defense you could kill of all the raiders, well unless you exit combat mode once they are down, if not, finish the fuckers off. Now hermits can strike back at those thiefs and raiders. "GET OF MY GOD DAMN PROPERTY!!!"
donatas081294

Postby Granger » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:59 am

NOOBY93 wrote:But that alt can get instadowned. If you use an alt to fuel someone people will just cap your alt in 2-3 hits. Mains without rage can now fuel people with no problem whatsoever.

I fail to see why kicking someone in the butt should make that one better at cutting down others.

And I mean that in the sense that this is a shitty mechanic (as it can (=will) be exploited for this), not how it currently works.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:59 am

jorb wrote:I mean, the alternative is that no one can be killed in combat, in which case those exact things would still all be the case, no? What does this actively change for the worse?

If noone can be killed in combat instead of fuelling all mains are just fighting each other because it's more useful. If you make rage-havers be able to die, those without rage but with stats will effectively just fuel those with rage until they get aggro'd and then they will shit on whomever aggro'd them.

Fuelling means you hit your friend with weak attacks such as sideswipe on unarmed combat characters which opens an irrelevant opening and by very little, so that his bloodlust or combat meditation is triggered.

Granger wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:But that alt can get instadowned. If you use an alt to fuel someone people will just cap your alt in 2-3 hits. Mains without rage can now fuel people with no problem whatsoever.

I fail to see why kicking someone in the butt should make that one better at cutting down others.

And I mean that in the sense that this is a shitty mechanic (as it can (=will) be exploited for this), not how it currently works.

I don't know why you care so much about realism in pvp when the people who care much about realism aren't the types to care much about pvp, but the purpose of this is to let people who are getting hit by multiple people do some moves, if 2 people are hitting you your combat meditation is more powerful for example.
Last edited by NOOBY93 on Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby jorb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:00 am

"Fueling" is admittedly a bit dumb.

jorb

Postby strpk0 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:00 am

jorb wrote:I mean, the alternative is that no one can be killed in combat, in which case those exact things would still all be the case, no? What does this actively change for the worse?

The problem is being able to throw yourself into PvP situations at will, with little to no risk to your own safety.
You could do all imaginable things to your enemies to pester them or aid your teammates, and if they aggro you all of the sudden you could end up murdering them, whereas even if they managed to down you they'd be unable to finish you off.

The burden to get rid of you is immediately placed on the enemies, and while you have nothing to lose except for what you will after being KO'd (carried items, wounds, etc), the enemies would be putting themselves at risk of death (which would not be the case if you were on a crappy alt with no chance of actually doing any damage to them).
Last edited by strpk0 on Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements