Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Postby Ozzy123 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:25 am

jorb wrote:
Ozzy123 wrote:Can't you read? The group of 30 or 50 people surely won't stay there for 100+ hours, they will have to sleep or do anything, maybe they could have groups of 10 people that would just swap but then still the defenders can just swarm that group with 30 or 50 anytime they want because they don't have to defend 24/7 and attackers have to protect the catapults 24/7.

You won't need a 100+ hours if you scale up your siege effort. I am open to adding swarm protections to the siege machines, and it seems like a trivial fix.

Yeah I'm not saying its terrible, just needs some polishing and I can see this sieging system being way better than the previous one
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby captainmorgan » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:26 am

jorb wrote:Added Visitor Gates. Normal gates no longer give the visitor debuff when entered.

So why would anyone build a normal gate?
captainmorgan

Postby jorb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:26 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:think the rage idea is OK, but i really just see the best chars not buying rage and waiting for people to aggro them and murder alts being big

I've contemplated that a fair bit, and I don't see it. Why would I give a shit about your char if you can't even attack me? You are by definition outside of the fight until I choose to bring you in. Seems like a massive edge.

Granted, you have more experience than I, but I'd need to be convinced, at least.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jorb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:26 am

captainmorgan wrote:
jorb wrote:Added Visitor Gates. Normal gates no longer give the visitor debuff when entered.

So why would anyone build a normal gate?

To be able to get inside of a walled compound with an active combat relation.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:27 am

also can u add the option to light cheese racks on fire and have theem spread to other cheese racks within 1 tile haha, then we wont need to bash them all every month when we go to build new 1s
ChildhoodObesity

Postby GamingRAM » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:27 am

jorb wrote:Perhaps a good idea! Could at least consider making it indestructible for the first 12, 14, x, hours, or something. Will consider.

Couldn't someone place their siege weapon on the wall first, and then in say right before the 12 hour mark they put another one right in front of the gate, effectively trapping the defenders?

Indestructible objects like sound like they can easily be used for griefing.
World 12: Quit at some point.
World 11: Community Fair Worker
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
World 9: Founder of SnoopVille, Resident of Emerald City
World 7: Hermit and Neighbor to a dead Korean
GamingRAM

Postby jorb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:28 am

Ozzy123 wrote:Yeah I'm not saying its terrible, just needs some polishing and I can see this sieging system being way better than the previous one

That sounds promising, I think.

It's basically Legacy's system.

jorb

Postby jorb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:28 am

GamingRAM wrote:
jorb wrote:Perhaps a good idea! Could at least consider making it indestructible for the first 12, 14, x, hours, or something. Will consider.

Couldn't someone place their siege weapon on the wall first, and then in say right before the 12 hour mark they put another one right in front of the gate, effectively trapping the defenders?

Indestructible objects like sound like they can easily be used for griefing.

Well aware, and I wouldn't do that naively. I was envisioning a walking zone around them, or something.

jorb

Postby ricky » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:28 am

Looks cool.

Perhaps have the food hunger buff cap at x2 though. So at both extremes you'll either have double or half as much fep per food item.
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby jorb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:29 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:also can u add the option to light cheese racks on fire and have theem spread to other cheese racks within 1 tile haha, then we wont need to bash them all every month when we go to build new 1s

lol. Will consider.

jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements