Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Postby Burinn » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:34 am

Ophaq wrote:@Jorb

Please implement measures so that a whitelist on the server is used to block multiclients only (or do what amber does and make only one client at a time runnable) and only allow each account to have 1 character to discourage multi-characters/alts. This would be a huge game changer as each character would be more important to the user and actually make the death system more useful and important. It would also increase the risk and reward for protecting your assets and claims instead of zerg rushing it with alts and also make the growth of characters more important and individual roles of each user more important. Such as finding someone who is specced in blacksmithing when you're specced in combat instead of having your own blacksmith alt.

sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby captainmorgan » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:35 am

jorb wrote:To be able to get inside of a walled compound with an active combat relation.

But doesn't that mean an aggressor can also get in through a normal gate?
captainmorgan

Postby linkfanpc » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:35 am

The Rage thing seems really forced and unnatural, but i guess it does the job well.

Haven't read the comments yet, (lazy) but i'm assuming along with all that stuff we'll get some fun new trees, terrain etc?

EDIT: Forgot about the new trees in the pic, lol. The excitement is getting to me. xd
Last edited by linkfanpc on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby Ozzy123 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:37 am

captainmorgan wrote:
jorb wrote:To be able to get inside of a walled compound with an active combat relation.

But doesn't that mean an aggressor can also get in through a normal gate?

It does, that's why you have to close it before he does that.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby Fostik » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:37 am

Must say, some changes you've done to fix old abusive mechanics are not the best way to resolve them.

jorb wrote:Reduced the effect of salt crystals from 20% to 5%.

Why? Salt was nerfed enought previously. Now it will be useless.

jorb wrote:Potter's clay no longer uses a potter's wheel

Why not just bind it to fine clay instead of acre clay? What's the differ between potter and bone clay now?

jorb wrote:The base growth speed of crops has been lowered.

You better nerf bonuses from credos, skills and kingdoms instead of debuffing base speed. World start will be tedious for farmers as hell.

jorb wrote:Removed the death bonus from Credos.

Reduce quest cost per level, or rebuild credo dependencies. This change will make credoing totally broken.
Last edited by Fostik on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby blinx » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:38 am

Please implement measures so that a whitelist on the server is used to block multiclients only (or do what amber does and make only one client at a time runnable) and only allow each account to have 1 character to discourage multi-characters/alts. This would be a huge game changer as each character would be more important to the user and actually make the death system more useful and important. It would also increase the risk and reward for protecting your assets and claims instead of zerg rushing it with alts and also make the growth of characters more important and individual roles of each user more important. Such as finding someone who is specced in blacksmithing when you're specced in combat instead of having your own blacksmith alt.

This would also eliminate the use of bots or make it harder. Fighters would be more cautious/etc.

No, fuck you.
blinx

Postby berthedin » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:38 am

Travel weariness depends of will. I don't really like this idea, people mainly using warriors char to port via roads or charter stones, and on warrior char you need to raise STR, AGI, CON, CHARISMA and WILL now? It's kinda too much to raise with one character with that hunger level and salt nerf. Why you can't leave it to the charisma. No one complained about that.
Rage changes are really bad for me, titan characters will let ppl aggro them in 1v5 scenario for example and then wait for backup, so he can use his titan char and not be able to die basicly, I'm pretty sure current not being able to kill people while koed were really good and lot's of people enjoyed it. U can still die but u have to do that well, most of the people that cried on the forum about permadeath, probably didn't even play on w10 and they were thinking u can't die.
Atikin:
whats wrong with me, is that i just wanted a couple of fucking days of peace, but nah your stupid polish ass has to go and fuck it up by ko'ing ppl on the NK realm and casusing more issues and drama.
berthedin

Postby Granger » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:38 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:
jorb wrote:COMBAT
----------

[list]
[*] When you buy the "Rage" skill, you lose your immunity to further damage after being knocked out. Suggested here. The intention being that you opt in to both the abilities to attack and die at the same time.

A lot of people aren't gonna buy it, run into group combat, and fuel their teammates. If someone tries to aggro them, they'll fuck shit up with their unkillable character that's been getting raised since the start of the world. I think this is going to be really problematic, and I think there's way better solutions out there.

Shameless plug: viewtopic.php?p=798806#p798806
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Ophaq » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:39 am

Burinn wrote:

What do you mean ???

Do you really want people to spam alt accounts and make their roles less important? The whole multi character thing is a bad idea in this type of game as it discourages less careful gameplay when you can just create an alt and take away scouting risks and zerging people's catapults etc. Bots would be harder to come by or eliminated since it would be more difficult to make them or more of a hassle.

People would be valued more in their roles and would have to rely on each other more for getting things done unless they spec into the thing they need, thus taking more time.
Beep beep I'm a Jeep.
Ophaq

Postby jordancoles » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:39 am

This is gonna sound like a big post of complaining, but the stuff I didn't mention I'm fine with/makes sense to me.

jorb wrote:
SIEGE
----------

• Claim shields have been removed entirely, quite simply.
    Cool
  • Catapults and battering rams dry, initially in 24 hours, and then in 8 hours after repairs.
    Why not just use a wrecking ball instead then, since catapults would need to be repaired after a few shots and they have the same dry time. The only time you'd use a ram or catapult is if they have not extended their claim out 30 tiles from their walls because you could place them off claim and avoid system messaging the defenders.
  • Your claim will warn you on login if a siege machine has been set to dry within a hundred tiles of any point on it.
    Does this mean 100 tiles out from the claim's border?
  • Added Visitor Gates. Normal gates no longer give the visitor debuff when entered. A player may, for Palisades and Brick Walls, choose to build a Visitor Gate instead of a normal gate. A visitor gate is indicated by two red flags, fluttering in the wind, ontop of it. Players entering through a Visitor Gate will receive a Visitor debuff, exactly as they normally would now. You cannot enter through Visitor Gates if you have an open combat relation.
    Not sure how I feel about this. You wouldn't want visitor gates on your main outer gates because you'd be locking yourself out after being attacked. This change will make backstabbing and raids due to poor village planning much easier/more common.

COMBAT
----------

• When you buy the "Rage" skill, you lose your immunity to further damage after being knocked out. Suggested here. The intention being that you opt in to both the abilities to attack and die at the same time.
    A large issue with current siege is people spawning alts endlessly from their charterstones. The alts run out as a large group and overwhelm defenders. They slowly hand bash the siege equipment and another common tactic is to get on the siege machine and move it around on the same tile by basically spam clicking around (this damages the equipment). With this change to rage, these alts can simply hearth and run back out, or stand back up again and continue. The targeting system in this game is really shitty, and if you're a raiding party of 4 trying to stop a group of 6-8 alts some are bound to slip through the cracks with each attempt.
  • Buffed boar spear somewhat.
    In what way?

TRAVEL & WORLD
----------

• All Natural wonders will initiate as depleted, as will the Mandrake pool.
    Pras
  • Moved travel weariness from trait Charisma to trait Will. You can travel further with increased Will.
    Give us more Will foods please
  • Roads block themselves, and can't be built in a weird line that can't be followed by foot.
    Why make roads harder to use and maintain ?
  • Belts can't be held and used while in an inventory, but are significantly more generous in what they hold.
    Cool
  • Mine supports, except for Tower caps, are damaged every time they prevent a cavein.
    Thanks, I hate it

FOOD
----------

• Food items generally only satiate food categories to which that food item itself belongs.
    This is how it should have been from the very beginning, so that's nice (since apparently we aren't just deleting satiations)
  • Satiations heal naturally in about one ingame day, this instead of the old effect of healing the lowest satiation whenever you had four satiations below 50%.
    Not bad
  • Adjusted the multipliers from the hunger level, and they are now, from Ravenous to Overstuffed: 3, 2, 1.5, 1, 0.9, 0.75, and 0.5. You will, thus, never eat at worse than a 50% penalty due to hunger level.
    "The food buffs we have are crazy. Gotta make sure satiations can't go over 100% and gotta give diminishing returns on symbol for sure" :thonk:
    >leaves in a 300% food bonus
    >Likely leaves in subscriber bonus as well
  • Base effect of pepper lowered from 50% to 25%.
  • Peppered foods now have a chance to give you a Bum Burn wound.
  • Reduced the effect of salt crystals from 20% to 5%.
    Neat stuff, but no penalties for spamming salts?

LP, QUESTS & CREDOS
----------

• Artifact creation quests nerfed.
  • Charisma effect on quest rewards nerfed.
    Nice
  • Removed the death bonus from Credos.
    With no changes to scaling? Basically no one will have the fucks to do the upper level credos and some of them are absolutely required for pvp such as strider and I'm sure a few of the others that will be coming out in the new world.
  • Contemplation & Meditation cost increases by the base cost with every use, and decreases again over time.
    Over how much time? How will we know when it is back to normal cost?
  • You no longer get LP from learning store hats.
    That was my fucking strat :evil:

ANIMALS
----------

• Wild animals are now hardcapped in quality by the survival values of everyone who has dealt damage to them.
    Why? So now everyone in your hunting party needs 450+ survival to take down a top q mammoth? Arrows lower quality, survival while killing lowers quality, butchering with low survival and using a lower q tool also lowers q.. WTS q20 mammoth bones 2 tokens
  • Wild Chickens now have quality.
    What is the range in quality? Can we expect to forage q100 chickens?

QUALITY
----------

• Cheese racks soft cap quality of cheese.
    You bastard
  • The "Fuel bug" has been fixed, so that any heating process is reset if the oven burns out before it is completed.
    Fair enough I guess
  • Axes now affect branch quality for branches created by splitting woodblocks by the geometric average of the wood and axe quality, rather than the arithmetic average.
    I am too stupid to understand this
  • Potter's clay no longer uses a potter's wheel
    Are you planning to change the potter's clay recipe at all?

FARMING
----------

• The base growth speed of crops has been lowered.
    Why? Are you assuming that we'll all have maximum kingdom buffs for growth speed so this is to balance that out more? With the nerf to questing I'm not confident that people will have max kingdom buffs like they did in this world.
  • The growth speed of trees is now randomized over the map, meaning that different trees will grow with varying speeds in varying locations.
    Cancer tbh

We will be working all day tomorrow, so you have time to scream bloody murder about the things you do not like.
Did
Last edited by Granger on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Font color edited to something readable, as by posters request
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements