Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Postby Ysh » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:30 am

Burinn wrote:

Hearthlings being forced out of the caves by W11 cave and mining nerfs (circa 2019, colorized.)

This image is not in color.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Burinn » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:32 am

Ysh wrote:
Burinn wrote:

Hearthlings being forced out of the caves by W11 cave and mining nerfs (circa 2019, colorized.)

This image is not in color.

It's not not in color.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby boshaw » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:32 am

So does this mean we'll be able to tunnel under ocean?
boshaw

Postby Ophaq » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:32 am

@Jorb

Please implement measures so that a whitelist on the server is used to block multiclients only (or do what amber does and make only one client at a time runnable) and only allow each account to have 1 character to discourage multi-characters/alts. This would be a huge game changer as each character would be more important to the user and actually make the death system more useful and important. It would also increase the risk and reward for protecting your assets and claims instead of zerg rushing it with alts and also make the growth of characters more important and individual roles of each user more important. Such as finding someone who is specced in blacksmithing when you're specced in combat instead of having your own blacksmith alt.

This would also eliminate the use of bots or make it harder. Fighters would be more cautious/etc.
Last edited by Ophaq on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Beep beep I'm a Jeep.
Ophaq

Postby waga » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:33 am

jorb wrote:
waga wrote:Could we have more info about the trees change ?
I'm quite worried about it.
Trees are extremely important for industry.
If a village have the best trees Q no matter what just because of its location , it's a big deal.

Depending on the value of the randomness , one village / kingdom could win the quality race just because they were lucky with their location.

One important point is that you won't know which tree will be the best to grow, and you won't know which tree will be the best for a particular location.

Yes I understood why it was implemented and I salute the idea.
But I'm worried about the side effects.
let's say zone 1 can grow tree A in 3 days , A being the best tree for zone 1
will zone 2 also have a tree that can grow in 3 days ?
If different zone have different best trees and best tree of zone 1 = best tree of zone 2 , I don't see any problem with the change , on the contrary.
waga

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:33 am

jorb wrote:SIEGE
----------

[list]
[*] Claim shields have been removed entirely, quite simply.
[*] Catapults and battering rams dry, initially in 24 hours, and then in 8 hours after repairs.
[*] Brick walls have 10000 health, 50 soak, and can be repaired for 500 health every two hours.
[*] Palisades have 2500 health, 30 soak, and can be repaired for 250 health every two hours.
[*] Your claim will warn you on login if a siege machine has been set to dry within a hundred tiles of any point on it.

So this means to siege we need to camp the same spot, uninterrupted (i.e. no alt spam),for 24 hours? This is even worse than legacy.

jorb wrote:[*] Added Visitor Gates. Normal gates no longer give the visitor debuff when entered. A player may, for Palisades and Brick Walls, choose to build a Visitor Gate instead of a normal gate. A visitor gate is indicated by two red flags, fluttering in the wind, ontop of it. Players entering through a Visitor Gate will receive a Visitor debuff, exactly as they normally would now. You cannot enter through Visitor Gates if you have an open combat relation.

What's stopping people from building multiple gates right next to each other, or layered airlocks? Is there some significant cost to visitor gates? Looks like people will just have key alts nearby incase they need to run in from being aggro'd.

jorb wrote:COMBAT
----------

[list]
[*] When you buy the "Rage" skill, you lose your immunity to further damage after being knocked out. Suggested here. The intention being that you opt in to both the abilities to attack and die at the same time.

A lot of people aren't gonna buy it, run into group combat, and fuel their teammates. If someone tries to aggro them, they'll fuck shit up with their unkillable character that's been getting raised since the start of the world. I think this is going to be really problematic, and I think there's way better solutions out there.

jorb wrote:[*] There is now a slight, somewhat random, delay before a Nidbane starts pursuing its quarry. About a day.
[*] The aim speed of ranged weapons now scales with the ratio of the geometric mean of your Marksmanship and Perception values to the bow's quality. You, thus, need higher values of perception and marksmanship to use higher quality bows.
[*] Lowered base damages of ranged weapons, but increased their armor penetration.
[*] Buffed boar spear somewhat.

Nice, though without knowing the actual numbers it kinda makes it difficult to judge the archer changes.

jorb wrote:[*] Implemented travel weariness for travel along roads. Roads are cheaper to travel along than charter stones.
[*] Moved travel weariness from trait Charisma to trait Will. You can travel further with increased Will.

Those two together are pretty disgusting. You should add better will food, it's pretty hard to raise. Is there a minimum travel weariness from taking roads? It'd pretty ridiculous for someone to break one of my roads and I have to take 10% just to fix it at each broken point.

jorb wrote:[*] Belts can't be held and used while in an inventory, but are significantly more generous in what they hold.

If we can't carry waterbelts in inventory anymore, a lot of people are gonna die just because they run out of water since their inventory doesn't hold enough space for it all.

jorb wrote:[*] There is now decay in caves, albeit only about 1/10th of what it is in the overworld.
[*] Mine supports, except for Tower caps, are damaged every time they prevent a cavein.

So mines are gonna decay now and get flooded with cave-ins? Sounds pretty terrible.

jorb wrote:FOOD
----------

I like that most foods will be limited to one satiation, and think it's better on paper as a whole. Only thing is the system seems a lot more time-gated, which kinda hurts people that want to try to catch up to the people that have been grinding since the start of the world, but whatever.

jorb wrote:[*] Contemplation & Meditation cost increases by the base cost with every use, and decreases again over time.

With this you should let us contemplate on curios put into the study desk.

jorb wrote:[*] Wild animals are now hardcapped in quality by the survival values of everyone who has dealt damage to them.

Pretty harsh, a softcap probably would have been enough, but whatever.

jorb wrote:[*] The "Fuel bug" has been fixed, so that any heating process is reset if the oven burns out before it is completed.
[*] Potter's clay no longer uses a potter's wheel
[*] Chance to get wrought when pounding bloom is now always 50%, unaffected by skills. The skills Metallurgy, Steelmaking and Deep Artifice instead increase the chance of getting a positive critical hit when forging wrought iron, up to a maximum of what the effect has been historically.
[*] Blacksmith's coal bonus is now a fixed value, rather than a percentage.
[*] Blacksmith's increase in chance for critical hits when forging wrought iron reduced.

Doesn't seem like that big of a nerf to spiraling imo, but I'm not really sure how it'll play out. Main thing is the clay changes.
DDDsDD999

Postby Burinn » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:33 am

boshaw wrote:So does this mean we'll be able to tunnel under ocean?

It'll probably just cave in and kill you but Gorbo won't tell us because he's a big meanie who likes to watch us suffer in his infernal hellscape of a game
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby eliminoid » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:33 am

In addition to damage immunity during the drying period,
allow catapults and battering rams do more damage and move farther before they break.

Because who in the world builds only one catapult? Everyone gonna build as many as it takes to destroy wall right after the drying period, making both wall-repairing and catapult-repairing time pointless.
Hi
eliminoid

Postby Granger » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:33 am

jorb wrote:
captainmorgan wrote:
jorb wrote:Added Visitor Gates. Normal gates no longer give the visitor debuff when entered.

So why would anyone build a normal gate?

To be able to get inside of a walled compound with an active combat relation.

I suspect that there will just be a new door meta: every gate will have a visitor one, with classical airlocks to both sides of it (to run in and close the outer one).
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Embers » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:34 am

any chance to get the quantity of quests for credos reconsidered? or idk, give them different variations of completion

Not a big fan of this "siege system" that already needs huge overlooks, kinda shows how much thought went into it.
Last edited by Embers on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Embers

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements