Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Postby Ozzy123 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:19 am

jorb wrote:An attacker can scale up the number of attacking catapults almost arbitrarily.

An attacker can use a battering ram, which, if well powered, should deal significantly more damage than catapults.

Still, even if someone built 10 catapults the defenders have 24 hours to give 30 alts pickaxes and then just swarm the catapults at the same time and bash them or most of them.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby waga » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:19 am

Could we have more info about the trees change ?
I'm quite worried about it.
Trees are extremely important for industry.
If a village have the best trees Q no matter what just because of its location , it's a big deal.

Depending on the value of the randomness , one village / kingdom could win the quality race just because they were lucky with their location.
waga

Postby Burinn » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:19 am

Hearthlings being forced out of the caves by W11 cave and mining nerfs (circa 2019, colorized.)
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby jorb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:20 am

Ozzy123 wrote:
jorb wrote:An attacker can scale up the number of attacking catapults almost arbitrarily.

An attacker can use a battering ram, which, if well powered, should deal significantly more damage than catapults.

Still, even if someone built 10 catapults the defenders have 24 hours to give 30 alts pickaxes and then just swarm the catapults at the same time and bash them or most of them.

Perhaps a good point, and perhaps there should be a buildup timer between attacking and actually doing damage to them.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Ozzy123 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:20 am

NoBizd wrote:So just gather group of 30 or 50 people then by yourself for attack if it's so simple? That's how real world works. You don't attack the group of people that have number advantage over you.

Can't you read? The group of 30 or 50 people surely won't stay there for 100+ hours, they will have to sleep or do anything, maybe they could have groups of 10 people that would just swap but then still the defenders can just swarm that group with 30 or 50 anytime they want because they don't have to defend 24/7 and attackers have to protect the catapults 24/7.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby jorb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:21 am

Ozzy123 wrote:Can't you read? The group of 30 or 50 people surely won't stay there for 100+ hours, they will have to sleep or do anything, maybe they could have groups of 10 people that would just swap but then still the defenders can just swarm that group with 30 or 50 anytime they want because they don't have to defend 24/7 and attackers have to protect the catapults 24/7.

You won't need a 100+ hours if you scale up your siege effort. I am open to adding swarm protections to the siege machines, and it seems like a trivial fix.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby Burinn » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:22 am

Everyone leave Gorbo alone he's just trying to do his best! :(
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby jorb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:23 am

waga wrote:Could we have more info about the trees change ?
I'm quite worried about it.
Trees are extremely important for industry.
If a village have the best trees Q no matter what just because of its location , it's a big deal.

Depending on the value of the randomness , one village / kingdom could win the quality race just because they were lucky with their location.

One important point is that you won't know which tree will be the best to grow, and you won't know which tree will be the best for a particular location.

jorb

Postby NoBizd » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:24 am

jorb wrote:
Ozzy123 wrote:Can't you read? The group of 30 or 50 people surely won't stay there for 100+ hours, they will have to sleep or do anything, maybe they could have groups of 10 people that would just swap but then still the defenders can just swarm that group with 30 or 50 anytime they want because they don't have to defend 24/7 and attackers have to protect the catapults 24/7.

You won't need a 100+ hours if you scale up your siege effort.

This, someone need to give jorb a cookie.
NoBizd

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:25 am

think the rage idea is OK, but i really just see the best chars not buying rage and waiting for people to aggro them and murder alts being big
ChildhoodObesity

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements