Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Postby Ozzy123 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:09 am

NoBizd wrote:
Ozzy123 wrote:If you wanted to siege a village with 4 layers of brickwall you would need to siege it and guard your siege engines for 120 hours. I think everyone will agree that it makes sieging literally impossible, noone will play non stop for 120 hours. And you can't really guard the catapult aswell because someone can just rush at it with 10 alts with pickaxes and bash it.

It will take less if you will move your best catas to next brickwall and repair them, so only waiting 8 hours per layer, not 24 every wall.

The brickwalls can be far away from each others though so it would be faster to just build new catapults than to move them xd
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby VDZ » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:10 am

First of all, thank you for providing an ETA, that really helps. I'll check if I can get my day off moved from Friday to Monday :)

jorb wrote:[*] There is now decay in caves, albeit only about 1/10th of what it is in the overworld.

Cupboards still take only a single decay hit to break, right? One of the biggest advantages (maybe THE biggest advantage?) of cave homes was that you could just place cupboards wherever instead of having to put them all inside houses. With them being destroyed in one decay hit, even at only 1/10th of overworld decay, or even at 1/100th of overworld decay, this becomes infeasible because an entire cupboard suddenly vanishing can be devastating, making this a massive nerf to cave homes (as well as mining mini-bases and the like). Could we get a buff/exception for cupboards so they can survive cave decay if actively repaired, or is this an intentional change to make cupboards in caves infeasible?
VDZ

Postby Ozzy123 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:11 am

VDZ wrote:Cupboards still take only a single decay hit to break, right? One of the biggest advantages (maybe THE biggest advantage?) of cave homes was that you could just place cupboards wherever instead of having to put them all inside houses. With them being destroyed in one decay hit, even at only 1/10th of overworld decay, or even at 1/100th of overworld decay, this becames infeasible because an entire cupboard suddenly vanishing can be devastating, making this a massive nerf to cave homes (as well as mining mini-bases and the like). Could we get a buff/exception for cupboards so they can survive cave decay if actively repaired, or is this an intentional change to make cupboards in caves infeasible?

Just build houses then?
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby NoBizd » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:14 am

Ozzy123 wrote:
NoBizd wrote:
Ozzy123 wrote:If you wanted to siege a village with 4 layers of brickwall you would need to siege it and guard your siege engines for 120 hours. I think everyone will agree that it makes sieging literally impossible, noone will play non stop for 120 hours. And you can't really guard the catapult aswell because someone can just rush at it with 10 alts with pickaxes and bash it.

It will take less if you will move your best catas to next brickwall and repair them, so only waiting 8 hours per layer, not 24 every wall.

The brickwalls can be far away from each others though so it would be faster to just build new catapults than to move them xd

4+ brick walls, far away from eachother, are usually fractions villages. And those are raided by other big fractions, so yeah - there is plenty of people to change every few hours in defing catas. :roll:
NoBizd

Postby Ozzy123 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:16 am

NoBizd wrote:4+ brick walls, far away from eachother, are usually fractions villages. And those are raided by other big fractions, so yeah - there is plenty of people to change every few hours in defing catas. :roll:

No, it doesn't work like that. Even if you get 10 people changing every 10 hours or something then the defenders can still group up and just go as 30 or 50 people and destroy the siege engines at anytime they want.

Ozzy123

Postby jorb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:16 am

An attacker can scale up the number of attacking catapults almost arbitrarily.

An attacker can use a battering ram, which, if well powered, should deal significantly more damage than catapults.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:17 am

tbh the old siege system is about 100000x better than this
ChildhoodObesity

Postby strpk0 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:17 am

Small question about the changes to Rage (and being able to murder people who own the Rage skill):

Does having not learnt the Rage skill also block you from murdering someone?
Because otherwise I can see it becoming a problem that someone would raise a fighter character, entice people to aggro them in some way and be able to fight back and murder them with no risk of their own deaths involved.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby NoBizd » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:18 am

Ozzy123 wrote:
NoBizd wrote:4+ brick walls, far away from eachother, are usually fractions villages. And those are raided by other big fractions, so yeah - there is plenty of people to change every few hours in defing catas. :roll:

No, it doesn't work like that. Even if you get 10 people changing every 10 hours or something then the defenders can still group up and just go as 30 or 50 people and destroy the siege engines at anytime they want.

So just gather group of 30 or 50 people then by yourself for attack if it's so simple? That's how real world works. You don't attack the group of people that have number advantage over you.
NoBizd

Postby SuperTrix » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:18 am

Wow, nice changes!
SuperTrix

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements