Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Postby Ozzy123 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:19 am

jorb wrote:An attacker can scale up the number of attacking catapults almost arbitrarily.

An attacker can use a battering ram, which, if well powered, should deal significantly more damage than catapults.



Still, even if someone built 10 catapults the defenders have 24 hours to give 30 alts pickaxes and then just swarm the catapults at the same time and bash them or most of them.
Confirmed best farmer in the game

epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke


viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
User avatar
Ozzy123
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Postby waga » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:19 am

Could we have more info about the trees change ?
I'm quite worried about it.
Trees are extremely important for industry.
If a village have the best trees Q no matter what just because of its location , it's a big deal.

Depending on the value of the randomness , one village / kingdom could win the quality race just because they were lucky with their location.
waga
 
Posts: 423
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Postby Burinn » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:19 am

Image
Hearthlings being forced out of the caves by W11 cave and mining nerfs (circa 2019, colorized.)
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
User avatar
Burinn
Under curfew
 
Posts: 2560
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:48 pm
Location: Internet Prison Plotting Her Escape

Re: Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Postby jorb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:20 am

Ozzy123 wrote:
jorb wrote:An attacker can scale up the number of attacking catapults almost arbitrarily.

An attacker can use a battering ram, which, if well powered, should deal significantly more damage than catapults.



Still, even if someone built 10 catapults the defenders have 24 hours to give 30 alts pickaxes and then just swarm the catapults at the same time and bash them or most of them.


Perhaps a good point, and perhaps there should be a buildup timer between attacking and actually doing damage to them.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
User avatar
jorb
 
Posts: 17172
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:07 am
Location: Here, there and everywhere.

Re: Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Postby Ozzy123 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:20 am

NoBizd wrote:So just gather group of 30 or 50 people then by yourself for attack if it's so simple? That's how real world works. You don't attack the group of people that have number advantage over you.


Can't you read? The group of 30 or 50 people surely won't stay there for 100+ hours, they will have to sleep or do anything, maybe they could have groups of 10 people that would just swap but then still the defenders can just swarm that group with 30 or 50 anytime they want because they don't have to defend 24/7 and attackers have to protect the catapults 24/7.
Confirmed best farmer in the game

epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke


viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
User avatar
Ozzy123
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:27 pm

Re: Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Postby jorb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:21 am

Ozzy123 wrote:Can't you read? The group of 30 or 50 people surely won't stay there for 100+ hours, they will have to sleep or do anything, maybe they could have groups of 10 people that would just swap but then still the defenders can just swarm that group with 30 or 50 anytime they want because they don't have to defend 24/7 and attackers have to protect the catapults 24/7.


You won't need a 100+ hours if you scale up your siege effort. I am open to adding swarm protections to the siege machines, and it seems like a trivial fix.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
User avatar
jorb
 
Posts: 17172
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:07 am
Location: Here, there and everywhere.

Re: Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Postby Burinn » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:22 am

Everyone leave Gorbo alone he's just trying to do his best! :(
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
User avatar
Burinn
Under curfew
 
Posts: 2560
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:48 pm
Location: Internet Prison Plotting Her Escape

Re: Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Postby jorb » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:23 am

waga wrote:Could we have more info about the trees change ?
I'm quite worried about it.
Trees are extremely important for industry.
If a village have the best trees Q no matter what just because of its location , it's a big deal.

Depending on the value of the randomness , one village / kingdom could win the quality race just because they were lucky with their location.


One important point is that you won't know which tree will be the best to grow, and you won't know which tree will be the best for a particular location.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
User avatar
jorb
 
Posts: 17172
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:07 am
Location: Here, there and everywhere.

Re: Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Postby NoBizd » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:24 am

jorb wrote:
Ozzy123 wrote:Can't you read? The group of 30 or 50 people surely won't stay there for 100+ hours, they will have to sleep or do anything, maybe they could have groups of 10 people that would just swap but then still the defenders can just swarm that group with 30 or 50 anytime they want because they don't have to defend 24/7 and attackers have to protect the catapults 24/7.


You won't need a 100+ hours if you scale up your siege effort.

This, someone need to give jorb a cookie.
User avatar
NoBizd
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Prelude, pt. II: World 11 Changelog

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:25 am

think the rage idea is OK, but i really just see the best chars not buying rage and waiting for people to aggro them and murder alts being big
User avatar
ChildhoodObesity
 
Posts: 3902
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:16 am

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Latlan, Scavengo, bocia and 4 guests