Game Development: World 11

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 11

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:52 am

Burinn wrote:
Should be based on distance as well. And we should only be able to hearth back from close to home.

Hot Take: Only be able to hearth back from far away.

That exacerbates an existing problem and solves nothing, the intent was to make hearthing something you had to do close to home (and retain its usefulness as regards slave keys), and long travels a thing that you couldn't vampf home from like you never left your yard.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Burinn » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:01 am

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
Burinn wrote:
Should be based on distance as well. And we should only be able to hearth back from close to home.

Hot Take: Only be able to hearth back from far away.

That exacerbates an existing problem and solves nothing, the intent was to make hearthing something you had to do close to home (and retain its usefulness as regards slave keys), and long travels a thing that you couldn't vampf home from like you never left your yard.

This is a cold take. Make hearthing impossible with travel weariness and increase the cost of hearthing. Or make it a part of hearth magic, and cost experience, like all the rest of the magic in the game. Being able to teleport small distances doesn't make any sense when you can just walk the thirty seconds.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby knightgabe13 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:48 am

Maybe make the Bear warning sound a little more terrifying? I don't think I jumped quite far enough out of my seat. :lol:
Check out HavenTune! :D
knightgabe13

Postby Sevenless » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:46 am

Been a while since I played (pre credo iirc?), liking the changes that have accumulated. I know I'm just a world start newb, but gj imo jorbtar.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:25 am

Burinn wrote:This is a cold take. Make hearthing impossible with travel weariness and increase the cost of hearthing. Or make it a part of hearth magic, and cost experience, like all the rest of the magic in the game. Being able to teleport small distances doesn't make any sense when you can just walk the thirty seconds.

It does when the intent is to remove fast travel from the game but retain the usefulness of slave keys.

It makes no sense to have to travel an hour just to be able to teleport home. Effectively cutting that distance in half.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby iamahh » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:32 am

thanks for the belts buff, best QoL so far
iamahh

Postby shubla » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:25 pm

I wonder when will we get the first weekly update? This week? Which day?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Timibertlense » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:35 pm

Anybody who already eat some salt?
It's 5% @10q and scales up or how does it work in W11?
Timibertlense

Postby DamJNeT » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:11 pm

Sorry, late to the party, we're slowly starting with my friends, hard to coordinate IRL. But tonight, we shall reunite and look for a claim.

I noticed the travel weariness while hearthing, and I read the few last pages. Can you please elaborate on what's going on ?
Will I be able to Hearth at 100% TW or does it only prevents me from using roads ?
Because frankly we never made roads, but I can't imagine playing this game without hearthing at will.

Otherwise, I like what I saw so far :D And gratz for the numbers, this game deserves massive success, because it truly is one of a kind.
DamJNeT

Postby Vassteel » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:13 pm

DamJNeT wrote:Sorry, late to the party, we're slowly starting with my friends, hard to coordinate IRL. But tonight, we shall reunite and look for a claim.

I noticed the travel weariness while hearthing, and I read the few last pages. Can you please elaborate on what's going on ?
Will I be able to Hearth at 100% TW or does it only prevents me from using roads ?
Because frankly we never made roads, but I can't imagine playing this game without hearthing at will.

Otherwise, I like what I saw so far :D And gratz for the numbers, this game deserves massive success, because it truly is one of a kind.

you can hearth back even at 100% so no worries
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements