Game Development: World 11

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 11

Postby Sprymazi » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:11 pm

I think i know how the mammoth's got extinct.

https://imgur.com/a/nbZ6uqQ
Sprymazi

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:56 am

You know, one downside of this change to supports and caves:

One day, some newb is going to walk into some random cave.The mine support that has been there since the start of the world is going to collapse nearly killing him or her.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby abt79 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:05 am

MagicManICT wrote:You know, one downside of this change to supports and caves:

One day, some newb is going to walk into some random cave.The mine support that has been there since the start of the world is going to collapse nearly killing him or her.

As the old saying goes: “making someone miserable is a small price to pay to make many more people miserable”
abt79

Postby pppp » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:33 am

I always assumed that was the intent, especially given how people complained that caves do not regen and underground is just a bunch of empty halls.
Though I guess caveins do not spawn new ore veins because that would be terribly abusable.
pppp

Postby Agame » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:53 am

Jorbtar just got tired of us. So they made sure we get allergic reactions over and over and caveins. They combat too high stat for botters from W10 by denying non-botters metals and faster crops in W11. Simply by gating the domesticated beekeps and with them hardened leather and medicines behind wild beehives. And granting allergic reactions not to multiple alts people (all botters included here) but to single-alt people.

Also they made veins in caves much rarer and much smaller, so people won't get metals without hardened leather for a minehole.

TLDR: Jorbtar punishes drastically any attempt to get metals if you are not a bot user. Going up to permadeath if you do not understand and stop.
Vigilance wrote:just remove midgets, they suck ass and serve no function besides annoying people.

As a rule of thumb, everything that makes life easyer and less boring/grinding for players is a great idea. Everything that makes the game harder is crap coming from sadistic tendencies of Jorbtar helped by the few players with the same kind of disorders.
Agame

Postby Kirche » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:21 am

that sounds like an upside to me, that's hilarious.
Kirche

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:24 am

Agame wrote: Jorbtar punishes drastically any attempt to get metals if you are not a bot user. Going up to permadeath if you do not understand and stop.

Have had 0 issues finding metals. I have nothing against those using bots, I choose not to use bots myself, but this is just.... well, let's say it, because I can't think of another way: stupid. The game is difficult. All of the top players are veterans of multiple worlds at this point, or were at least very dedicated and learned a lot last world. It takes knowledge and a bit of balls to push for the top, which includes risking life, but also knowing when to give up for the moment and get a different character to do the same thing you're doing now.

Kirche wrote:that sounds like an upside to me, that's hilarious.

Well, I don't find it hilarious in such a way as I find it... like one of those videos of someone unexpectedly getting hurt. You wince as much as you want to laugh.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jorb » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:27 am

Agame wrote:TLDR: Jorbtar punishes drastically any attempt to get metals if you are not a bot user.

I'm not, and it's as trivial to get metal as it always has been. Git gud.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Sevenless » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:21 pm

Yeah I'm with Jorb on this one. Metal is about the same as usual to find.

Now I want to throttle whoever's responsible for 3 tile veins that took me an hour to dig out. But that's a different story.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Granger » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:39 pm

Even small veins can yield an interesting amount of ore, some days ago I mined a single tile that gave me >20 pieces before breaking (with mine song).
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements