Game Development: World 11

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 11

Postby Granger » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:45 am

jorb wrote:I'm not opposed to changes and constructive ideas, but I think that we have to recognize that completely arbitrary zip-zapping is a bit much.

Put more shit that tries to kill a character in the area between A and B, travel will be less boring then.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Grimrock » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:04 am

MagicManICT wrote:
Grimrock wrote:Maybe a dedicated fast travel like a "minecart and minetracks" would be cool underworld,

Horse and wagon, you say?

Or that. Hehe
Grimrock

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:19 am

Granger wrote:
jorb wrote:I'm not opposed to changes and constructive ideas, but I think that we have to recognize that completely arbitrary zip-zapping is a bit much.

Put more shit that tries to kill a character in the area between A and B, travel will be less boring then.

honestly yea or just anything that makes it not the same boring stuff over and over and over
ChildhoodObesity

Postby azrid » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:26 am

wonder-ass wrote:
jorb wrote:Come now. We both know that isn't true.

whats wrong with using a road in a long boring mine shaft do i really have to walk through it whats the fun in that lol. this is the kinda shit you fast travel for in games to get to the fun part of a game.

Its time to explore more than a 1 line tunnel shaft my dude
azrid

Postby wonder-ass » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:47 am

azrid wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:
jorb wrote:Come now. We both know that isn't true.

whats wrong with using a road in a long boring mine shaft do i really have to walk through it whats the fun in that lol. this is the kinda shit you fast travel for in games to get to the fun part of a game.

Its time to explore more than a 1 line tunnel shaft my dude

its not for exploring its meant to go from point A to point B. now instead of just using a road and getting there in a second to keep going on with what i enjoy i have to walk a boring ass tunnel that i literally have auto walking in the background while i do other shit.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Vassteel » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:01 am

Lets be honest here. Roads are completely broken now. Not so much because of the travel weariness. but because of the fact roads block roads. I don't know why we cant have a road system that just allows us to connect to other extablished routes and then break off in the direction you want to go at a later point instead.

You know like how roads actually work.
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Postby Granger » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:25 pm

Vassteel wrote:Lets be honest here. Roads are completely broken now. Not so much because of the travel weariness. but because of the fact roads block roads.
The change is that they block now when not set up correctly (free path between the turn points of the markers), which was changed as it had been abused excessively last world.

I don't know why we cant have a road system that just allows us to connect to other extablished routes and then break off in the direction you want to go at a later point instead.

You know like how roads actually work.

Voice your support: viewtopic.php?p=757608#p757608
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Ozzy123 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:32 pm

jorb wrote:Haha, wow, smh. The slightest wrench in your machinery and it's instant and total "gaem is uselss".

Hey I never said that ok.. Maybe it felt like that for you but it's surely not what my post is supposed to mean, I'd never just straight up REEEEE at u guys :(

Although taking this 10 minute walk to the swamp 100th time in these past 3 days is already driving me crazy. You people saying "REE TRY SOMETHING ELSE THAN PVP" have to be kidding, right? On w10 with short breaks I was grinding for 2~ years, no bots at all, I was doing everything in the world except for PVP for 100s of hours just to be able to compete in PVP and nothing was as tedious as travelling. This game is beautiful, I love the art style but I don't want to look at the same area over and over again, for the past 2 days I'm literally walking back and forth to all the quest givers on 2nd speed with no energy to not ruin my hunger level completly. It's not fun to me, I started the world being super hyped but every next trip to the same swamp just simply makes me bored. Oh, I'm also already outlawed so I can't even sleep to lose TW faster. "HAHA GRIND UP WILL YOU NOOOOB" yeah at one point I probably will but are all these hermits gonna be able to do it or are they gonna be stuck in the neighborhood that they already walked around 1000 times without even being able to visit the market? "HURR DURR THERE WILL BE LOCAL MARKETS" Yeah, sure, maybe for a month. CF had something no other market had so far - it was neutral. I can't wait to see all the threads like "I got killed by the local market owner and robbed off all my shitt!!!" and soon there will only be 1 market to which most of the noobs won't even have access because of travel weariness.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby Vassteel » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:34 pm

Granger wrote:
Vassteel wrote:Lets be honest here. Roads are completely broken now. Not so much because of the travel weariness. but because of the fact roads block roads.
The change is that they block now when not set up correctly (free path between the turn points of the markers), which was changed as it had been abused excessively last world.

Ah I was under the impression that a road would block an intersecting road. thanks for the info.
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Postby kirion » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:05 pm

I'm not against hearthing back causing some TW, but 5% each time seems a bit much. I'd prefer if it was closer to 1 - 3%.
Is there a stats i can raise to alleviate that?
kirion

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements