Game Development: Smoking Mollusk

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Smoking Mollusk

Postby Turtlesir » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:59 am

burnemall wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:
Gray wrote:I did not even know the word echinoderm. There's so many species of trees and bushes I also did not know of. Now I don't feel so guilty of spending an obscene ammount of time playing this game :D

I had to look it up myself cause I haven't had a biology class in over 30 years. I was thinking "spiny anteater" (Echidna) when I saw it.

Haven is quickly turning into a biology lesson.

Echinoderm are animals like Sea Urchins (the term translates directly to hedgehog skin).

Jorb, what a wonderful opportunity to introduce a new wound: Echinodermized "You have quickly learned which balls are safe to kick around the beach, and which are not."

it's a starfish though, look at pic.
Turtlesir

Postby Sevenless » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:39 pm

Neriloth wrote:Anyone found herring yet? Any tips where to find it? I need it for fisherman credo, and they just added it to the game :|

Shallow ocean, but y'know with the moon cycles it's possible you're screwed atm.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Vassteel » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:19 pm

Awesome patch +1
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Postby Audiosmurf » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:12 pm

Has anyone found the new mollusc? I presume it's oceanic, but I haven't run across one yet.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby DatSheep » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:15 pm

Nice stuff jorbtar, can't wait to check out the splishing of smol animals dropping into the shallows xD

I know it's been mentioned a lot before, but I do have to say that in at least world 10, from my experience, you couldnt have just *literally teleported anywhere* with a few arbitrary clicks. For example, I'd either have to be in with a certain village near me to get to community Fair by knarr and some road signs / milestones (which would still require some boating, mind you) , or I would have to trekk myself by rowboat all the way down quite a few map grids Southwards, past a mountain or two, just to find a road sign that would take me to CF. Some roads take hard work to use.

And the ability to do this is the result of hard, organized work. Yes, I understand after a lot of time it becomes ridiculous when considering the vast distances one is able to fast travel through, but in defense of that I can say it wasn't utterly gamebreaking for most normal players. Perhaps for those grinding questgivers ;p And it's not like even at the end of w10 all my neighbors had roads to every wuestgiver in the area. Most roads were old and broke off halfway, and were specififc to whoever made them. I didn't see any that said "end of the world map," that sounds like something I'd have to trekk to if I wanted to use it, and then extend to where I live for future convenience.

Also, I'm loving all the new stones and ore and trees. I consider it a good day when I learn about a mineral that I haven't heard of before or a nice tree species. :D

I'm even digging the aesthetic of this new governor's hat
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby iamahh » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:33 pm

more contained and localized world is a good change, for changing the dynamics, and hopefully makes people spam less roads, i know i am building less roads now, this makes the world prettier
iamahh

Postby Sevenless » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:29 pm

iamahh wrote:more contained and localized world is a good change, for changing the dynamics, and hopefully makes people spam less roads, i know i am building less roads now, this makes the world prettier

I kinda wish we could make the road system itself prettier, but alas.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby discospaceman » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:58 pm

jordancoles wrote:Next could you assign variable sizes to fish so we can brag about whose is bigger?

This please, lol... Even just a flavor text weight value would be great fun

EDIT: You could also make it so the bigger the fish weight value, the bigger it is when mounted on your wall :lol:
discospaceman

Postby jorb » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:14 pm

Some sort of measure on them could be fun, yeah.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby DatSheep » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:08 pm

Agreed! Like in animal crossing when you try to flex on them hoes or during those fishing contests
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements