Game Development: Pushing Millet

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Pushing Millet

Postby shubla » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:52 am

jorb wrote: potential change to make Rage characters identifiable as such, but those changes are still on our radar.

You should definitely try it.
Currently many people(more like everyone) that I meet just hearth away when they see me or run away.

If there was a way to tell that character does not have rage and is thus no danger, there would surely be more nice interactions between players, instead of them all just hearthing away, scared.

I don't know what this way would be, though. Would it be optional? So players could choose if they want to show it. (Like a white flag that you could only carry when you don't have a rage, maybe an emote where you shake a white flag around that could only be used if you don't have a rage)

Or would it be something that would be always visible, indicating whether or not you have rage?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Cayur » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:10 am

rage chars should have glowing red eyes tbh
Cayur

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:13 am

Cayur wrote:rage chars should have glowing red eyes tbh

I might be able to live with this in combat, but I don't want my character running around with blazing red eyes as a normal thing. It's just not aesthetically pleasing.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Sevenless » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:18 am

Kinda pointless once combat's initiated, since that's all they can do different.

Would love a glowy red eye appearance for the bloodlust maneuver when activated though.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby banok » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:22 am

I cannot be the only person smart enough to just float 30k lp until i feel like attacking someone, thereby removing self-risk. ergo safety indicators wont mean as much.

maybe you should consider adding a time to acquire on some skills rather than just clicking a button.

the more I think about this death for rage owners change, in combination with other new mechanics such as combat instructions, the more I think it will devolve the game into pvp alts and non-rage all-credo swissarmy never die mains.
banok

Postby shubla » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:49 am

banok wrote:I cannot be the only person smart enough to just float 30k lp until i feel like attacking someone, thereby removing self-risk. ergo safety indicators wont mean as much.

maybe you should consider adding a time to acquire on some skills rather than just clicking a button.

the more I think about this death for rage owners change, in combination with other new mechanics such as combat instructions, the more I think it will devolve the game into pvp alts and non-rage all-credo swissarmy never die mains.

I think that is a very marginal problem and does not require any mechanics to prevent it.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Vassteel » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:15 am

you know there isn't generally a way to tell irl if someone is capable of murder.
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:41 am

Vassteel wrote:you know there isn't generally a way to tell irl if someone is capable of murder.

Realism isn't a good argument for game mechanics
DDDsDD999

Postby Massa » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:51 am

Vassteel wrote:you know there isn't generally a way to tell irl if someone is capable of murder.

Or talking to trees.

Sure as fuck don't see motherfuckers grabbing leaves and cones in an effort to discover the mysterious nature of punching a wild pig.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby tripp8 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:48 pm

azrid wrote:
peanutzrgud wrote:Bees are not fixed - when i go to raid them, more keep spawning from the hive - not sure if this is an oversight, but the number of bees is still unreasonable for hermits can confirm

You can find plenty of hives with 0 bees.

lie
tripp8

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements