Game Development: Jelly Kebab

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Jelly Kebab

Postby azrid » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:19 am

Lucky I just managed to heal seal finger with conversion before this update.
Also this is pretty good.
azrid

Postby lwdragon » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:47 am

Okay, so there is some kind beginning in attempting to fix questgiver problem. But how to deal with griefers? For example now many questgivers are pclaimed and walled. And on many cases people done this because they can, not because to "protect" this damn trees. So now only access is to siege this place, what is kinda not possible, who is gonna guard siege equipment for 24h? Who is gonna spend so much effort and resources just for trees?
So basically now, if we are doing credos and we get this walled/pclaimed trees, it means that we need to abandon quest. What if this was the first credo quest? We loose 20-50k (or more) LP.
Last edited by lwdragon on Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lwdragon

Postby lordgrunt » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:07 pm

any claimed npc should wither and die, preferably in a violent fire, for not being connected to the nature anymore.
as for cutting down npc's, I agree that having rage should be a requirement, however spawning an ent to avenge it, would lead to mass harvesting of those npc's or any other abuse griefers will come up with.
lordgrunt

Postby azrid » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:03 pm

You can still hit animals and they cant hit you when using boar spear.
azrid

Postby DPblH » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:05 pm

What if there is no "Chop" and "Chip stone" (and other restrictions) options for quest givers, but if you want to destroy a quest giver, you should put a ram or wrecking ball? So, inside your village it would be easy to destroy them, while in the wild wrecking machines need to be dried for 1 real day.
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

Postby DatSheep » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:23 pm

VDZ wrote:
NoBizd wrote:
GamingRAM wrote:Also why buff bees without giving us SOME means to actually getting bee larvae? It's better to just hope it doesn't spawn any because killing them seems to make no difference!

Be(e) serious, after nerfs from last patch they are really easy to farm. Even with today's changes for hills and water.

You should record yourself eating all of them, slowly, one by one, finishing off by opening up your character window revealing you ate them all with hunger in the <=100% range, and post it in the Inn.

Please Mr. Larvae man, do it for us!
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby DatSheep » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:26 pm

lordgrunt wrote:any claimed npc should wither and die, preferably in a violent fire, for not being connected to the nature anymore.
as for cutting down npc's, I agree that having rage should be a requirement, however spawning an ent to avenge it, would lead to mass harvesting of those npc's or any other abuse griefers will come up with.

The solution kinda would be to make the ents not drop anything, and just be guardians. So yeah, you can go around griefing trees as a stronger character but it'll be annoying to keep fighting these ents that don't even give you ep1c l00t.
It feels more natural than not allowing chipping or chopping at all, since this is a world where you can definitely do what you want, just with consequences and usually hard work xD.
DatSheep

Postby DatSheep » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:29 pm

Hmm although this does bring up an issue of noobs getting way too many wounds from just chopping random trees. So rage being a requirement is then a must, and if you don't have rage there'll be a system message saying "you lack the ...something .....to fell this tree."
DatSheep

Postby Saxony4 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:34 pm

DatSheep wrote:Hmm although this does bring up an issue of noobs getting way too many wounds from just chopping random trees. So rage being a requirement is then a must, and if you don't have rage there'll be a system message saying "you lack the ...something .....to fell this tree."

The problem I see with this is that someone could be trying to build a base and their whole layout can get screwed because a quest giver is right in their path for a wall or something and they're locked out from being able to remove it for some time. Though I'd imagine this would be quite uncommon.
loftar wrote:git da mony
Saxony4

Postby DatSheep » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:47 pm

Damn that's true too...Rage isn't too hard to get, granted, and I'm assuming it's something you can toggle as well. I'd say players can just work with it and make clear the path for their pali first, and if any trees can't be chopped, to build one tile away from that tree.
DatSheep

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements