Game Development: Jelly Kebab

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Jelly Kebab

Postby mvgulik » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:17 pm

For those that like to check for themself ... try => mathsisfun.com/.../combinations-permutations
mvgulik

Postby Ysh » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:48 pm

Ysh wrote:
MadNomad wrote:does the kebab roll food item have millions of possible FEP combinations?

Should be 9,682,651,996,416 combination I think. 42 type of meat and you must pick 8 with duplicate allowed, maybe it is 42^8 to solve this.

MagicManICT wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:
MadNomad wrote:does the kebab roll food item have millions of possible FEP combinations?

given the types of meat... It's almost as large as the number of possible poker hands in 7 card draw.

Actually, it's probably larger. I'd have to sit down and work it out given you can have 0-8 of any one of the 42 meat types.

Ok, I had to look this up because it's been forever since I've done combinatorial math for statistics. A normal combination doesn't allow repeats (say a lottery or poker hand). Here, you can repeat any choice, and it was the part I had forgotten. The formula isn't any harder, just different. It's

(r + n - 1)! / r! (n - 1)!
or
(8 + 42 - 1)! / 8! (42 -1)! = 49! / 8! 41! = (49 * 48 * 47 * 46 * 45 * 44 * 43 * 42) / (8 * 7 * 6 * 5 * 4 * 3 * 2)

If I did it right...

Yes, I think I neglect to consider that order do not matter here!
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:18 pm

I just want to know when we're going to get a great math genius to figure out how the math for food works and give us the numbers. My linear algebra is rusty at best, and I was never good at reverse calculations in it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Ysh » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:24 pm

MagicManICT wrote:I just want to know when we're going to get a great math genius to figure out how the math for food works and give us the numbers. My linear algebra is rusty at best, and I was never good at reverse calculations in it.

You mean creating model to predict FEPs from ingredient inputs?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:38 pm

Well, the math should be simple (if you have the known values). If my guess is correct, if A and B are two matrices, it would be A(B), where A is differentiates slightly from the identity matrix and B is the values of the food, and when a particular operation is done (I forget what), you get the final value for each food item. As I say, it's been too many years since I've done linear algebra. Plus, I never went any farther than the basics of quaternions and what is needed for 3D geometry translations. Since division in linear algebra is undefined... it makes it hard to "reverse engineer" without knowing advanced tricks.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Ag_Revol » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:11 am

Can we get pearls from oysters?
Make Kebabs Great Again!
W6-8 - Hermit
W9 - Amish Paradise
W10 - Amish Paradise then Hermit
W11 - A.D.
W12 - Lawspeaker of Avalon
W13 - Konung of Norsca
W14 - Konung of Norsca
Ag_Revol

Postby shubla » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:49 am

jorb wrote:
boshaw wrote:
jorb wrote:You now need to have gathered a lifetime total of at least 10k LP, and have the Hearth Magic skill, before you will receive your first (A Whisper on the) Wind quest. You will stop automatically receiving quests if you cut down Wind quest givers that you have quests to, but will still be able to use commune with nature to get quests.

The work around to this is just one character with enough lp to see quests, and an alt that falls you to cut/chip them down. ¦]

Hmm. True that. Taking suggestions for better ideas.

XP cost to chop one down?
Like 3000 or 4000 xp. Then people would think twice whether to choo them or not, and using alts for such would be a lot more work.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Aceb » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:08 am

What the heck Jorb/Loftar ? Did I miss something or what's going on...

Can You explain to me, why, after 2 hours of building only, not being attacked by anything, I got 13 Scrapes and Cuts that transformed into deep cut. I heard something about slag being sharp but paving a whole road didn't gave me any wounds before, while paving a 10x10 and buildnig a 30x30 pali gave me that...? Wtf? What's going on?
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Valgar » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:59 am

Chopping trees will sometimes hurt you with "Scraps & Cuts" and too many will convert into "Deep Cuts".
Valgar

Postby Agame » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:52 am

Aceb wrote:What the heck Jorb/Loftar ? Did I miss something or what's going on...

Can You explain to me, why, after 2 hours of building only, not being attacked by anything, I got 13 Scrapes and Cuts that transformed into deep cut. I heard something about slag being sharp but paving a whole road didn't gave me any wounds before, while paving a 10x10 and buildnig a 30x30 pali gave me that...? Wtf? What's going on?

You get scrapes wounds and Cruel splinter curios (I think you actually get one wound for every curio collected) when you either cut down trees either chop the logs into blocks. I never got one wound or curio when making boards, but it could be I'm just lucky sometimes. Cruel splinters are cruel...

So, you forgot to complain you got 13 curios of 28 or so hours each for 9k LPs each, at q 10. Don't them bother you at all? If not, then the wounds are the price for those curiosities.
Vigilance wrote:just remove midgets, they suck ass and serve no function besides annoying people.

As a rule of thumb, everything that makes life easyer and less boring/grinding for players is a great idea. Everything that makes the game harder is crap coming from sadistic tendencies of Jorbtar helped by the few players with the same kind of disorders.
Agame

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements