Game Development: Jelly Kebab

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Jelly Kebab

Postby Thrawn00 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:19 pm

I think jellyfish are too low a curio for the wounds they cause. At first I was like cool, go picking jellies to find better q ones. But in the end there are better LP per weight without the wounds to use. Also I feel the changes on the wild bees was like a kick in the ****. Yeah they fly and it doesn't make sense for them to get caught on water or cliffs, I get that. But now it limits the access even more, if I don't have a horse or the hive is near water or a cave there's no point in even checking it. Heck I'm killing boars with ease and I checked a hive near the water and almost couldn't make it back to my boat when 5 spawned out and could fly faster than I could run getting me to 80% openings in 3 seconds and still some had to be killed off since they could nearly fly as fast as my boat could move. I'm seeing beehives are more of a run away boost for alt hordes or higher end characters.
Thrawn00

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:16 pm

I think they're like a lot of the foraged curios. If you can find the right spots, they're worth picking up. They're not super fast so you don't have to "grab them all" to feel like you're getting your time's worth chasing down. No, they're not worth the big wounds, but so far picking up one or two at a time, I'm getting less than 10 in wounds from them.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:20 pm

Honestly, the chance for wounds seems a lot lower than for crabs and the like, with poor man's gloves. Living near the ocean, I'm getting like 2-3 wounds from picking up probably 30 jellyfish.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Uriel » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:26 am

Audiosmurf wrote:Honestly, the chance for wounds seems a lot lower than for crabs and the like, with poor man's gloves. Living near the ocean, I'm getting like 2-3 wounds from picking up probably 30 jellyfish.

Maybe You are looking at it the wrong way. Theres is many bad curios, maybe this one is also designed to be bad. As for pure aspekt of adding more fauna to the game - i loved it. I can't wait to see even more creatures and plants in the game.
Uriel

Postby Audiosmurf » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:37 am

Uriel wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:Honestly, the chance for wounds seems a lot lower than for crabs and the like, with poor man's gloves. Living near the ocean, I'm getting like 2-3 wounds from picking up probably 30 jellyfish.

Maybe You are looking at it the wrong way. Theres is many bad curios, maybe this one is also designed to be bad. As for pure aspekt of adding more fauna to the game - i loved it. I can't wait to see even more creatures and plants in the game.

I'm not sure what about my post you misunderstood. I'm pro-jellyfish, and was attempting to convey that they're probably fine to pick up as the chance for wounds seems quite low.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:43 am

Audiosmurf wrote:I'm not sure what about my post you misunderstood. I'm pro-jellyfish, and was attempting to convey that they're probably fine to pick up as the chance for wounds seems quite low.

With gloves, probably. Without gloves it seems to be almost guaranteed. I'll note that I've yet to get a big wound (more than 10-15 points) from picking up just a couple at a time.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Granger » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:49 am

Even without gloves the wound is manageable (unless you're set up for allergic reaction), do a jelly run as last thing for the day - the wounds will be gone by tomorrow, and the amount harvested lasts for quite some days...
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Hrenli » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:05 am

Granger wrote:Even without gloves the wound is manageable (unless you're set up for allergic reaction), do a jelly run as last thing for the day - the wounds will be gone by tomorrow, and the amount harvested lasts for quite some days...

^^ this. And don't forget to factor in the abundance of the thing. When you are near the ocean it's less like foraging and more like harvesting really.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Previous

Return to Announcements