Game Development: Flag on the Moonmoth

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Flag on the Moonmoth

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:58 am

Miklo wrote:Not everything has to be useful, stuff can just be there to look nice

This is precisely the design concept behind every modern open world game. how much useless crap is there even in Morrowind, a 15+ year old game at this point? Compare that to some of the newer offerings which run that count up even higher.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Potjeh » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:39 pm

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby KwonChiMin » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:06 pm

jorb wrote:
2d0x wrote:
jorb wrote:[*] Beaver Lodges should no longer spawn in oceans.

Could be an old one, spawned before the fix?

Yep, old one.
KwonChiMin

Postby MrPunchers » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:22 pm

tetradigem wrote:
Hrenli wrote:
DPblH wrote:Useful as firefly and cave angler scales.

Scales at least count as hides. Can we have alternative usages for fireflies please?

As for the moon moths they should produce moon silk. I suggest riot to make it implemented.

id rather they just stop adding literally worthless and redundant garbage. sure, add new curios. but dont give them shit values. 25 mental weight for 1500LP? GTFO here with that. even giving them "different uses" wouldnt help in my opinion. adding shit and just slapping extra flags onto it later, its still shit. they would be better served actually spending some time THINKING about their updates. something like "does this feature add anything that the game dosent already have, or help with balance at all? no? is it just another copy/paste of another item or items but with a different name and found somewhere different? yes? delete."

lol at the 1 month old account complaining about game balance
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby MooCow » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:50 pm

tetradigem wrote:id rather they just stop adding literally worthless and redundant garbage. sure, add new curios. but dont give them shit values. 25 mental weight for 1500LP? GTFO here with that. even giving them "different uses" wouldnt help in my opinion. adding shit and just slapping extra flags onto it later, its still shit. they would be better served actually spending some time THINKING about their updates. something like "does this feature add anything that the game dosent already have, or help with balance at all? no? is it just another copy/paste of another item or items but with a different name and found somewhere different? yes? delete."

Just so you know, your intelligence won't be low forever. Any mental weight that is less than 1/16th of your current int is trivial.
Get 400 intelligence and learn to love the moth.
MooCow

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:38 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
Miklo wrote:Not everything has to be useful, stuff can just be there to look nice

This is precisely the design concept behind every modern open world game. how much useless crap is there even in Morrowind, a 15+ year old game at this point? Compare that to some of the newer offerings which run that count up even higher.

I prefer the variety and constant novelty of a world full of living animals, creatures, and things to see. I don't care if there's no practical reason to hunt seagulls, I bring them home in bunches. (for example). Otter are essentially useless, or at least not terribly use FUL, but I still hunt them because why not?
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Virs » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:45 am

@tetradigem

Just stop whining and delete the client.
Virs

Postby Burinn » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:52 am

tetradigem wrote:"cute" dosent add anything to the game. just like this "update"

Boooooo!
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby saronsen » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:53 am

MrPunchers wrote:lol at the 1 month old account complaining about game balance

What about the 7 year old lurker?

Most of the insect curios, including moonmoth, firefly, whathave you, simply dont have the value to be used as Curios besides for the odd newbie with nothing else to study (at 25 mental weight youre already hand crafting curios far superior)

I havent checked, but I'm sure the moonmoth is only good for bait.

Unless it can't be used as bait. New stuff is all fine and dandy, but realistically, putting in 'cool' and 'neat' things with no purpose besides looking pretty will just lead to unneeded bloat on a game that already runs sort of unsteadily.
saronsen

Postby kwagam » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:25 pm

Will flag despawn when dropped on the floor? Or it works same as a carpet?
kwagam

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements