Game Development: Sandy Scrimshaw

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Sandy Scrimshaw

Postby Grog » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:30 am

Pretty much for the same reason.
It was used because you could easily make "pure" fep food without having to gamble for stats as with most other food.
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby Burinn » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:30 am

Grog wrote:Pretty much for the same reason.
It was used because you could easily make "pure" fep food without having to gamble for stats as with most other food.

FEP/Hunger was incredibly high for how easy it was to get.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby eliminator » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:17 am

Shawarma kebabs when??
eliminator

Postby DatSheep » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:13 pm

I don't quite understand the "last owner of an animal is the one who kills it/strikes it last." Is that about getting to carry it after you drop it on a claim that would otherwise say "stop it criminal scum you're on someone's claim no touch."? Maybe also for taming purposes?

Well this patch was nice and productive, lots of fixes and stuff. Sad that winter is done, ie snow will melt now and I think all winter did was keep snow alive lol.
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:38 pm

DatSheep wrote:I don't quite understand the "last owner of an animal is the one who kills it/strikes it last." Is that about getting to carry it after you drop it on a claim that would otherwise say "stop it criminal scum you're on someone's claim no touch."? Maybe also for taming purposes?

I don't know about the taming portion, but yes, that's the idea, both carry it off and if the animal were to die on the claim. that way it's only trespassing instead of theft.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby 2d0x » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:22 pm

2d0x wrote:Image

Seriously? What nonsense!

Even more absurd, because it heals for a long time and Treated With: N/A :\ Endless soap...
Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:57 pm

Flea bites are definitely too long compared to other "nuisance wounds"--nettles, jellyfish, bees, etc. Not only that, they're not fleas, they're crustaceans and not parasitic. Get bites for picking them up? Sure. Just walking past them and getting swarmed? Silly.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby 2d0x » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:20 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Flea bites are definitely too long compared to other "nuisance wounds"--nettles, jellyfish, bees, etc. Not only that, they're not fleas, they're crustaceans and not parasitic. Get bites for picking them up? Sure. Just walking past them and getting swarmed? Silly.

Logically, fleas should bite dressed and shod characters with a very small chance. And should not bite riders.

2d0x wrote:Image

Even more absurd, because it heals for a long time and Treated With: N/A :\ Endless soap...

I was wrong. One piece of soap is quite long and this is enough for 4 units of treatment.
Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby MooCow » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:43 am

MagicManICT wrote:Flea bites are definitely too long compared to other "nuisance wounds"--nettles, jellyfish, bees, etc. Not only that, they're not fleas, they're crustaceans and not parasitic. Get bites for picking them up? Sure. Just walking past them and getting swarmed? Silly.

Found while reading up on the fleas...
    Sand fleas are commonly found in beaches along coastal areas and in marshes, but can also be found in desert areas. The good news is that they usually don't come home with you after visiting one of these areas. They prefer their seaside habitat. The bad news is that the female can sometimes burrow under your skin and lay her eggs.
Sounds pretty terrifying to me
MooCow

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:31 am

MooCow wrote:Found while reading up on the fleas...

This is what I get for skimming the article a few weeks ago!

Still, it's not just "a rare" event, it's every time you're around them. They're as bad as midges, except midge bites heal faster.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to Announcements