Game Development: Stony Bird's Nest

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Stony Bird's Nest

Postby Lyrroth » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:14 pm

Vassteel wrote:https://youtu.be/YGGTcYfrEZU?t=78

magpies are indeed agressive.

my fists were more aggressive
Lyrroth

Postby kimjungskill » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:03 am

Hat is pretty S I C C. Thanks jorb. Jeans and black leather jacket when? xd xd
kimjungskill

Postby apoc254 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:23 am

Me: "Jorb said the eggs are interchangeable with chickens.... magpie coop!?!"
*ponders for a brief moment*
Me: "Messenger pigeons!"
*raids nest, earning many knicks and knacks*
*attempts to place egg in coop*
Me: "sooo... just cooking then" -_-
Jorbs Thoughts: "Got 'Em"
apoc254

Postby ricky » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:44 am

Maybe I can find that dead magpie that the OTHER magpie stole from me the other day. Bastards!

can't wait for more eggs. Duck nests in cattail clumps? yes please.

PS: please add more poultry/birdmeat recipes there's literally like 6
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby MarcusXDead » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:04 am

Reading that trauma description gives an idea that if you log in in wildness, aka wild lands, more often than once a week will cause this trauma. It’s not like that, but it actually gives an idea. People keep their alts on local resources and log in, collect them, log off, and then collect a whole bunch of them with main. It honestly pisses me off. I know there are means to fight it, but still alt abuse is so bad in this game. I’d suggest forcing everyone to visit some non-wild territory like personal and village claims, maybe tiled ground or rather some protected with an any type of wall place. On one hand it might hurt hermits and new players, and alts are DISPOSABLE, which sickens me a lot. On the other, it won’t really hurt you if you just play a game as intended - if player has something he calls home he might as well visit it often. If you’re pesky disposable alt who logs in by timer and collects all the good stuff in area instead of walking there and contesting it ( I’m not even going to mention how popular palisading local resources is), well, probably, you might have some problems with inventory and ability to do hard labor or something. Maybe you should have some sleep in a nice comfy bough-bad once in a while. If you have a non-wild territory, claimed and protected by a wall you can sleep safe there, rather then logging in out of nowhere, ratting something away and disappearing into oblivion with it, right?
^The wall of text^
MarcusXDead

Postby 2d0x » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:40 pm

Magpie, which protects its nest is so cute! (^-^)
Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby Aceb » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:30 pm

MarcusXDead wrote:"as intended"

No, your solution is bad and might lead to shit ton of small p-claims covering alts. As well as there's no such thing "as intended" way of playing as long as You're not trying to bend that phrase to use bugs and glitches. Not to say it would shit greatly over nomads and noobs who don't own claims.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Omnipotent » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:24 pm

MarcusXDead wrote:I’d suggest forcing everyone to visit some non-wild territory like personal and village claims, maybe tiled ground or rather some protected with an any type of wall place.

Just... No... This sounds like an incredibly bad idea. I can only imagine how many problems this will make.

This just punishes sprucecaps.
Omnipotent

Postby ydex » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:52 pm

MarcusXDead wrote:many words agains alts harvestig localized resources?

My first thought, if u wanna get rid of fresh spawnd disposable alts harvesting resources, would rather be to make harvesting give you a wound that deals 250+ damage but heals in half an hour or so. Kills alts but is meh to stronger chars.
bold
ydex

Postby MarcusXDead » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:02 am

I agree the idea I suggested isn't good and doesn't solve everything, maybe anyone here knows better solution. But one thing I'm sure of - alts must be dealt with. As long as you can create a new character and lay any risky/time consuming (In case of walking and doing smth with main instead of logging in with alt)/energy consuming stuff a lot of things in my opinion are ripped of the game. You won't starve doing hard labor if you use alt, you won't get hurt picking wax or jellyfishes if you use alt, you don't have to travel and collect localized stuff every time if you use alt, you can spy on people without risk of being caught and killed if you use alt. Even the last trauma that debuffs your int and lore won't stop people from using alts for such traveling.
Making your character take damage won't cut it - no new player will be able to get any localized resource. I think just making you unable to harvest it if you're logged in less than 30min/1 hour and being unable to log off for some time after you harvested any will be better in this case. As well as repairing palicades built around LRs and destroying wrecking balls.
^The wall of text^
MarcusXDead

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements