Game Development: Rhyme of the Ancient Seamark

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Rhyme of the Ancient Seamark

Postby Grog » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:54 pm

jorb wrote:The idea was that realms should be able to expand across oceans, quite simply. I would not have believed that to be controversial. Costs can certainly be discussed.

How could this not be controversial?
It a powerful feature (and thus ripe to abuse), probably imbalanced (as it's new and we all lack experience with it), feels like a lazy quickfix to avoid more complex structures like duchies and most certainly has different impact on the different playertypes.
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby jordancoles » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:16 pm

I was hoping the seapoints were roads or village claims on the water. Expanding kingdoms to other continents seems a bit OP. Stick to your own landmass imo. You chose to settle on the continent you chose to place down the realm claim, and if you were that established to begin with and knew you'd like to expand beyond, you could've picked a bigger continent to conquer from the very beginning.

I like the idea of each continent having their own little kingdoms and rulers, not one powerhouse claiming across everything
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Grog » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:26 pm

Exactly.
Grog

Postby Avu » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:37 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if this is just another way to appease the crying raiders like the new/old siege system update. Or plain laziness. Either works and would be in character.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby Grog » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:47 pm

At least they got their meteor ¦]
Grog

Postby Omnipotent » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:17 pm

Grog wrote:At least they got their meteor ¦]

It was 100% random I swear! ¦]
Omnipotent

Postby Sevenless » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:11 am

jordancoles wrote:I was hoping the seapoints were roads or village claims on the water. Expanding kingdoms to other continents seems a bit OP. Stick to your own landmass imo. You chose to settle on the continent you chose to place down the realm claim, and if you were that established to begin with and knew you'd like to expand beyond, you could've picked a bigger continent to conquer from the very beginning.

I like the idea of each continent having their own little kingdoms and rulers, not one powerhouse claiming across everything

The only issue with that is the current mono/irn being required for realm buffs meaning that anyone who doesn't settle on one of the large continents is forever screwed with a zero or very few buff realm.

That's a bit much punishment wise. I think they introduced this rather than replace the mono/irn requirement and I'm a bit iffy on that. But at the same time one continent per realm made casual raiding much more common (more people relatively nearbye that you basically won't ever really have in your kingdom). Depends on your opinion of that I guess.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:02 pm

jorb wrote:The idea was that realms should be able to expand across oceans, quite simply. I would not have believed that to be controversial. Costs can certainly be discussed.

I honestly can't believe you thought it WOULDN'T be, especially with this implementation. It's too cheap, cheap enough to be meaningless. The 48 hour time between placements doesn't really change a thing. Expanding your realm to a new area should require resources, manpower, and investment, not an alt army with manage territory rights and an inventory full of metal. Metal has been too easy to obtain for worlds now, so using it as a metric means you might as well be putting the cost in ball clay.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby shubla » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:15 am

Adding some upkeep to realm cairns would be nice.
Currently you can pretty much build bunch of them and then forget about them.
And by upkeep I mean something that you have to physically go insert in them.

For example, the coronation stone could give you items which you must bring to the cairns to fuel them.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby AntiBlitz » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:56 am

shubla wrote:Adding some upkeep to realm cairns would be nice.
Currently you can pretty much build bunch of them and then forget about them.
And by upkeep I mean something that you have to physically go insert in them.

For example, the coronation stone could give you items which you must bring to the cairns to fuel them.

shubla, go right the fuck away with that shit. try and upkeep a realm with buffs before you torture us with that crap.
AntiBlitz

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements