Game Development: Loving Lobster

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Loving Lobster

Postby Granger » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:33 pm

Pan_w_okularach wrote:
Kaios wrote:You are right, they complain about being bored but never actually go to fight the people that would give them the fights they are looking for.

no one is complaining about "being bored" in this thread. I don't want to spend 2 extra hours on commuting to a place where there's "people that would give them the fights they are looking for", okay?

As the rest of the world dosn't seem to have any worthwhile content for you: Why not stop complaining and instead move there?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Kaios » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:39 pm

Pan_w_okularach wrote:
Kaios wrote:You are right, they complain about being bored but never actually go to fight the people that would give them the fights they are looking for.

no one is complaining about "being bored" in this thread. I don't want to spend 2 extra hours on commuting to a place where there's "people that would give them the fights they are looking for", okay?

Really? Then what are all those posts about asking for stuff like pvp events and more pvp content? Could it be that punching players for half a 100 opening doesn’t actually create an interesting fight? Wish I could be more involved in that stuff bro, I really do, unfortunately real life gets in the way for most of us to be able to build up characters that are that strong and even when I do you’ll still be double or triple what I’m at anyways. Not sure where you think the decent fights are supposed to come from but certainly not from anyone you’re fighting currently.

I don’t really want to spend another 3 months working on a character that will never be able to participate in combat in any meaningful way anyways, that’s also a bit longer than an extra two hours.
Kaios

Postby dafels » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:19 pm

It is a problem of current design of the combat system that combat system practically boils down to a stat check. It would be good if there would be a chance for lower stats characters to bring down high stats characters, therefore, you could participate in combat even when you have life outside of the game. I could see that more complexity being added to the combat system could solve this problem, one of good things in this combat system in this regard is combat meditation with what it is possible to bring down higher stat characters.
dafels

Postby Kaios » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:31 pm

I made the same suggestion actually and mentioned how one of the things I liked about Legacy combat was the combat intensity factor, I used to run combat meditation all the time because the speed at which the flow of combat increased made it require a higher level of skill to contend with.
Kaios

Postby SnowWiggles » Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:09 pm

oh cool
SnowWiggles

Postby SnowWiggles » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:45 am

How many can you get in one ?
SnowWiggles

Postby Damon_Cooper » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:00 am

The knarr change is shit because it literally removes the sake of building high-cost dock and bring us back to those times before knarrdock were introduced. Just remove a dock then. Closed.
And the update have ''lobster'' in the name, rhough it seems like devs forgot to actually add them, or made new level of confusing mechanic for them. I've made a shitton of traps, placed em in pretty wide area, filled with different baits and checked in different periods (from 2h to 2d irl) and didn't catch anything.
And obviously, it would be some shitty food, so those whoe care about discovering stuff for new knowledge to spread across community, can be easily discouraged by said confusing/unclear/random-depended mechanics. And the less of us are interested in such researches - the less point would be to implement them, and the darker ages would become.
The game was complicated and interesting at the beggining now becomes tedious, random and dump. Not cool.
Enjoyment's alternative account
Damon_Cooper

Postby KitsuneG » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:18 pm

So many complains about knarr changes.

And still noone found a lobster? I guess there some problem here. Checked a lot of traps and different places, and not only i do it. Bait eaten but never catched anything yet.
Wiki editor.
KitsuneG

Postby iamahh » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:18 pm

sounds like some people want to win by complaining
iamahh

Postby Grog » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:27 pm

KitsuneG wrote:So many complains about knarr changes.

And still noone found a lobster? I guess there some problem here. Checked a lot of traps and different places, and not only i do it. Bait eaten but never catched anything yet.

Iirc Jordancoles said something about getting one in his last stream.
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements