Game Development: Loving Lobster

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Loving Lobster

Postby Tarzan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:38 am

If I were you guys I would be happy you got abuse knarr teleport for so long. It was only a matter of time until it finally got some balancing. It makes no sense to be able to teleport a giant ship full of people and goods across the map at no cost.

Now we just need to fix knarr combat because thats still broken AF.
Last edited by Tarzan on Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tarzan

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:39 am

jorb wrote:[*] Made it so that traveling home by Knarr costs travel weariness.

with their current scaling may as well not even make docks
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby jordancoles » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:51 am

Astarisk wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Can you not hearth at 100% like a hearth fire?

No, this travel weariness change is complete shit for knarrs. It behaves like crossroads and charter stones, if you don't have enough will you cant port back. The will scaling isn't even generous I just went to the next continent over and am unable to port back. It's stupid af, not even wurm online makes you sail a boat this long. I'm even told you can't port the knarr if anyone on the ship lacks the TW for it. They completely killed knarr traveling. It's time to just raise up pure will alts so you can make it a bearable experience.

Let's hope you guys remember to carry plenty of tar sticks with you are you are gonna lose your knarr.

RIP
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby jorb » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:55 am

Uh... I think my intention was to make it so that you could always hearth home. Will fix that.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Astarisk » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:03 am

jorb wrote:Uh... I think my intention was to make it so that you could always hearth home. Will fix that.

Oh cool, thanks bro.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby Granger » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:04 am

Tarzan wrote:Now we just need to fix knarr combat because thats still broken AF.

I have to admit that I was saddened that jorb didn't get a live demonstration, because everyone else would very likely have gotten one.

jorb wrote:Uh... I think my intention was to make it so that you could always hearth home. Will fix that.

You realize that you can as well remove the cost completely in that case?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Fierce_Deity » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:08 am

Knarr travel weariness is a bit brutal, but prob a necessary change I suppose. I do think some relief should be given to those questing on nomad. A single portion of a quest should not take 3+ hours of boating in straight lines. Thats not fun gameplay in any respect. I'd like to see nomads get a buff that last for maybe 10 minutes that allows them one free port, but this buff is only received after completing a deliver, visit, or travel to quest. The 10 minutes is to give you time to return to your knarr, and even that might not be enough to reach it sometimes. Shouldn't be abusable except for edge cases I think.
Fierce_Deity

Postby MightySheep » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:44 am

Granger wrote:

Not really, this is how hearthing to HF currently works. It costs travel weariness but you can still do it with 100% weariness.
MightySheep

Postby Necrisha » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:21 am

Tarzan wrote:Now we just need to fix knarr combat because thats still broken AF.

jorb wrote:[*] Fixed a bug by which it was possible to Knarr travel with criminals onboard.

Enjoy!

Hm... I wonder if that was the first round of altering that circumstance?
Necrisha

Postby Granger » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:17 am

MightySheep wrote:
Granger wrote:

Not really, this is how hearthing to HF currently works. It costs travel weariness but you can still do it with 100% weariness.

Yes - and in case you don't care for using roads (which one usually dosn't when going out with a knarr to gank and loot) you can repeat it endlessly.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements