Game Development: Loving Lobster

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Loving Lobster

Postby Granger » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:12 pm

Pan_w_okularach wrote:2) there's not gonna be any PvP going on without fast travel, given the world size and how small the playerbase is compared to it
Likely the completel opposit as the chance to meet anyone is, when teleporting, exactly zero.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Ocerion » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:48 pm

This change to Knarr's makes me wonder why you guys hate those of us not in any of the major factions. What did we ever do to you that you gotta make Knarr travel for the top folks only?
Last edited by Ocerion on Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ocerion

Postby magisticus » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:00 pm

Pan_w_okularach wrote:1) devs stated that they want more PvP to happen
2) there's not gonna be any PvP going on without fast travel, given the world size and how small the playerbase is compared to it
3) you can make your own MMO with no fast travel, if you want it so bad

The issue with more pvp not happenening has absolutely nothing to do with fast travel. It is partly because the majority of players are normal humans with lives that don't have the time to spend on developing godlike characters to compete with the retards at the top and if they do they don't have the inclination to risk the characters they have spent so much time working on.
magisticus

Postby Ysh » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:05 pm

Granger wrote:
Pan_w_okularach wrote:2) there's not gonna be any PvP going on without fast travel, given the world size and how small the playerbase is compared to it
Likely the completel opposit as the chance to meet anyone is, when teleporting, exactly zero.

Obviously player looking for fun time PvP gameplay is arranging time and place to meet with teams created following some agreed upon ruleset. They will use fast travel to coordinate these matches. Yes, this is probably what they do.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby xdragonlord18 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:13 pm

What the devs have said and what the devs have done are COMPLETELY different. Their actions speak far louder than their words and PVP is not something I believe they are actually interested in having more of.
Ysh wrote:You all forget that bucket is include. I think with bucket it is fair price.
xdragonlord18

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:03 pm

magisticus wrote:
2) there's not gonna be any PvP going on without fast travel, given the world size and how small the playerbase is compared to it

The issue with more pvp not happenening has absolutely nothing to do with fast travel. It is partly because the majority of players are normal humans with lives that don't have the time to spend on developing godlike characters to compete with the retards at the top and if they do they don't have the inclination to risk the characters they have spent so much time working on.

Wrong.
DDDsDD999

Postby xdragonlord18 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:10 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:
magisticus wrote:

Wrong.

The only wrong thing there is that fast travel has "absolutely nothing" to do with it. Fast travel problems play a small role. I just chalked it up to hyperbole.
Ysh wrote:You all forget that bucket is include. I think with bucket it is fair price.
xdragonlord18

Postby Astarisk » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:58 pm

Granger wrote:

With me never leaving my walls as I don't want to commit hours of my life just to click a quest tree or do a small trade -- thats the real zero. Otherwise half my time was spent traveling.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby Kaios » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:05 am

magisticus wrote:The issue with more pvp not happenening has absolutely nothing to do with fast travel. It is partly because the majority of players are normal humans with lives that don't have the time to spend on developing godlike characters to compete with the retards at the top and if they do they don't have the inclination to risk the characters they have spent so much time working on.

You are right, they complain about being bored but never actually go to fight the people that would give them the fights they are looking for. These type of players probably don’t even exist in the game any more apart from a couple of large factions which are the same people saying they are bored. If you make any suggestions that might help peaceful/pve oriented players survive they will tell you it is bad for the game like increases or decreases to speed but they have no issue with killing most slow players in smaller boats while not seeing the irony in what is a huge speed advantage in knarr. I’m convinced pvp players in this game don’t actually want any of the things they ask for because their actions always show they prefer the path of least resistance.
Kaios

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:57 am

Kaios wrote:You are right, they complain about being bored but never actually go to fight the people that would give them the fights they are looking for.

no one is complaining about "being bored" in this thread. I don't want to spend 2 extra hours on commuting to a place where there's "people that would give them the fights they are looking for", okay?
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements