Game Development: Siege Chess

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Siege Chess

Postby DamJNeT » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:27 pm

Darkins wrote:and all game have GAME OVER screen. remember it.ITS OK TO LOSE THINGS, but you cry like little baby that are about to lose they candy

You seem to forget in 99% of those games, losing won't wipe months of progress.
And in 99% of them you have a save/load button.

Your point is invalid.
DamJNeT

Postby Grog » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:36 pm

DamJNeT wrote:
Darkins wrote:and all game have GAME OVER screen. remember it.ITS OK TO LOSE THINGS, but you cry like little baby that are about to lose they candy

You seem to forget in 99% of those games, losing won't wipe months of progress.
And in 99% of them you have a save/load button.

Your point is invalid.

Don't put too much effort into that Troll. He's allied to AD to not lose his character.
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby Darkins » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:56 pm

Grog wrote:Don't put too much effort into that Troll. He's allied to AD to not lose his character.

Im playing since W4
I lost alot of characters, vary from noob characters to really good stats fighter in last worlds.And its ok for me , if there was no permadez in this game - i wouldnt played it.
Also im played in roguelike games , like TomeNET , the game where you farming exp,gold and items for few months and after you die from some unpredictible thing, and lose almost all of that you was farming 2months...
Im not troll, you just cant understand what is "Live in game"
You feel yourself comfortable farming carrots with play time 2h per day and think everyone playing like that?
I nolifed in this game for 2 months, and im ready to lose character bcs im not pussy, while all other apart form AD people are pussyes that hiding behind wall , using alt to do things outside walls and grind q and wait for us to leave the game.
plain truth :|
Confirmed best ninja in the game
Hokage of Hidden Leaf Village
Darkins

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:29 pm

MightySheep wrote:
Darkins wrote:Ok..Asked for resonable sidge coz camping 24 hours at battering ram is unachiveble...
got update after you need camp 24-32+ hours and build a shitton of tower,catas and rams...

They designed and implemented a new siege system but seemingly got cold feet on implementation? Idk I'm not sure what the logic is
jorb wrote:[*] DO NOTE: It is still possible to bash siege machines by hand

Basically its a version of "chess" where your opponent gets to ignore the rules of the game and just reach over and take your pieces off the board by hand :lol:

P.s. ignore the nubs who think invincibility is good, they too dumb to know any better :roll:

youre actually retarded if you think its fair to take away peoples months of work with little to no effort.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby boshaw » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:47 pm

Darkins wrote:I nolifed in this game for 2 months, and im ready to lose character bcs im not pussy, while all other apart form AD people are pussyes that hiding behind wall , using alt to do things outside walls and grind q and wait for us to leave the game.

Says the guy who teamed up with AD and many others because Ozzy's team of elite farmers were too much for him :lol:
boshaw

Postby Kaios » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:04 pm

MightySheep wrote:P.s. ignore the nubs who think invincibility is good, they too dumb to know any better :roll:

Yes, knocking a player out so they are unable to fight you during that time at which point they'd likely hearth away if they aren't dead and also taking all their gear definitely makes them invincible.

I do in fact have rage btw and am fully prepared to lose my character, but if you want to be oblivious to glaring issues and conflicting mechanics, that's cool dude.
Kaios

Postby Sevenless » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:59 am

Y'know there's nothing wrong with cold feeting an implementation and working slowly towards a better possible balance. We bitch about them overadjusting, and this time for a very crucial mechanic (aka if they fuck it up the whole world burns) they're doing so.

No comment + or - on the system. Just saying this is the single most important mechanic to undertune and adjust slowly.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby bmjclark » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:23 am

Darkins wrote:I nolifed in this game for 2 months, and im ready to lose character bcs im not pussy, while all other apart form AD people are pussyes that hiding behind wall , using alt to do things outside walls and grind q and wait for us to leave the game.

A picture says 1000 words. Youre shit talking about being dominant this world, but the fact is AD is dominant, your shitty group allied the dominant faction and is now just along for the ride.
Last edited by bmjclark on Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby WitchKiller » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:28 am

Darkins wrote:
Grog wrote:Don't put too much effort into that Troll. He's allied to AD to not lose his character.

Im playing since W4
I lost alot of characters, vary from noob characters to really good stats fighter in last worlds.And its ok for me , if there was no permadez in this game - i wouldnt played it.
Also im played in roguelike games , like TomeNET , the game where you farming exp,gold and items for few months and after you die from some unpredictible thing, and lose almost all of that you was farming 2months...
Im not troll, you just cant understand what is "Live in game"
You feel yourself comfortable farming carrots with play time 2h per day and think everyone playing like that?
I nolifed in this game for 2 months, and im ready to lose character bcs im not pussy, while all other apart form AD people are pussyes that hiding behind wall , using alt to do things outside walls and grind q and wait for us to leave the game.
plain truth :|

Whats your acc name on TOMEnet? You play euro server? Been playing for years, never seen your toxic spew on there you must only bring that out for haven or something :lol:
WitchKiller

Postby Darkins » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:21 am

wonder-ass wrote:youre actually retarded if you think its fair to take away peoples months of work with little to no effort.

People just need to work on protection and combat to be able defend them and protect their "months of work"
but looks like its better for u to cry at forums than actually learn combat and get some stats
Confirmed best ninja in the game
Hokage of Hidden Leaf Village
Darkins

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements