Game Development: Siege Chess

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development Siege Chess

Postby eliminoid » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:39 pm

Omnipotent wrote:
Granger wrote:My solution for this would be: give them 2 weeks to build in the missing ingredients into the existing cairns or they vanish.

Pretty good idea right there actually. Makes perfect sense and is fair to everyone. Unlike the current implementation which just gave everyone who has ever built a border cairn extra resources equivalent to (X * # of additional resources per cairn).

No it does not make sense. Firstly, this can be rephrased as "wall your opponents cairns to get rid of them", and secondly they werent expensive and they arent expensive now.
Hi
eliminoid

Postby loftar » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:39 pm

Chebermech wrote:is it possible to destroy village banners with the rams while village idol is still up?

Yes.
Chebermech wrote:will it be possible to destroy open gates (visitor gates) with the ram?

Good point. Should probably fix that.
Chebermech wrote:will the splash ever work on open gates? as right not it does not.

I was not aware of that. Should be fixed.
Chebermech wrote:will it be possible to get inside the archery tower if not to shoot arrows, then to at least pretend and to shittalk demoralize your enemy with a greater efficiency?

Not currently, but might very well consider adding that.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby loftar » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:40 pm

Ag_Revol wrote:So apparently you still need to guard a siege engine entire 24hours in a row in order to destroy a wall.

For now, yes. As stated in the OP, we intend to adjust the hand-bashability of siege machines conservatively, over time.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby jorb » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:40 pm

Ag_Revol wrote:What the actual fuck, Jorb?

Meh, you've had a good while to complain beforehand.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Ozzy123 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:42 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:What about knarrs? Can catapults/battering rams destroy them instantly?

Is it gonna be just 2 hour charge and then instantly destroying the knarr?
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:42 pm

Increased the building cost of Realm Carins significantly, and enforced greater distances between them

nobody asked for this why? why!
haHA literally nobody is going to fucking be cairn duty now it was already tedious asf to do this shit.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby MrBunzy » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:44 pm

loftar wrote:
Chebermech wrote:is it possible to destroy village banners with the rams while village idol is still up?

Yes.

Is there any alternative to this? External banners seem extremely vulnerable now, and making palisade bubbles around every single banner sounds like a pain.
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby JuroTheDragon » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:46 pm

jorb wrote:

Jorb, why you can't just add Eve-online system with reinforced mode... ? Dude, that would make the siege's at least worth anything... I mean in very, very shortcut:

EVERY VILLAGE WOULD HAVE A SHIELD.

If some raiders come, they put siege engises which dry like 2 hrs or so... Then they can attack the shield. after shield goes down to 50% then village shield turns into "reinforced mode" where you CANNOT keep attacking for 48 hrs...
During that time defenders can decide if they call for help and defend or whatever they do... After 48hrs since shields turned reinforced you can take the shield till 0% and then you would hit the palisade/brick walls HPS till zero and beging raiding if they didnt defend it or so...

WHY ITS SO HARD? :(
JuroTheDragon
Under curfew

Postby Ag_Revol » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:47 pm

jorb wrote:

Good point :?
(To be honest, I was really busy IRL so I didn't discuss this one. Not an excuse for me I guess *shrug*)

loftar wrote:
Ag_Revol wrote:So apparently you still need to guard a siege engine entire 24hours in a row in order to destroy a wall.

For now, yes. As stated in the OP, we intend to adjust the hand-bashability of siege machines conservatively, over time.

Even without hand-bashing it takes 1 hour for a tower to soak and be able to destroy rams, if I understand thing correctly. It means that you need to check siege every ~40 minutes to ensure ram won't be sneaky-beaky destroyed by a tower. Again, you need to spend a full day (without sleeping) just to tear down ONE wall, and there can be multiple of them. Even 32 hours for a brick wall. Meh.
Make Kebabs Great Again!
W6-8 - Hermit
W9 - Amish Paradise
W10 - Amish Paradise then Hermit
W11 - A.D.
W12 - Lawspeaker of Avalon
W13 - Konung of Norsca
W14 - Konung of Norsca
Ag_Revol

Postby jorb » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:47 pm

JuroTheDragon wrote:EVERY VILLAGE WOULD HAVE A SHIELD.

If only we had tried that, indeed.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements