Game Development: Siege Chess

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development Siege Chess

Postby Ants » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:04 pm

neeco wrote:
Mario_Demorez wrote:Then take back the cost of cairns. Because that makes people trying to destroy and replace the “grandfathered in” exploiters have to fight an even more unfair battle than before. They’ll be destroying 2-3 cairns that costed nothing to build 1 expensive cairn.

And honestly. I remember last world some group exploited and you punished them by cutting their tree down that had nothing to do with it. You’re afraid to give a fair punishment now?

First you whine about cairns costing too little, now the devs make a change for you and you whine about them costing too much.
I think you're just salty you lost some shitty cairn war and are bitching for the devs to remove them for you xD

It can't be called a war. Palisading and monitoring cairns is done almost entirely via alt spam.

The war isn't lost, it's just that "fighting" it is about as fun as popping a hemorrhoid. War should be fun and exciting, not.... this.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Re: Game Development: Siege Chess

Postby TheNater » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:37 pm

Do Archery Towers decay/disappear? I built one the first day of the patch and now it's gone.
TheNater

Postby bmjclark » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:43 pm

jorb wrote: After 60 hours, Archery Towers will begin decaying over time
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby MadNomad » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:37 pm

eliminoid wrote:Image
15 cloth literally unplayable XD

hey
it also costs more stone and blocks of wood!
MadNomad

Postby MadNomad » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:10 pm

MrPunchers wrote:
shubla wrote:One can make a bot which builds archery towers 24/7 because they're so cheap!

Build second catapult to kill bot.

pfff, make him walk away when there's catapult or catapult building sign in sight

or just make him walk out of catapult range regardless of catapult presence if the above solution is not possible

Darkins wrote:
Ok..Asked for resonable sidge coz camping 24 hours at battering ram is unachiveble... got update after you need camp 24-32+ hours and build a shitton of tower,catas and rams... gj.. People that leveling 300+ua to have some fun screaming in terror when they see "make ez sidge" words and they waiting for REAL pvp bois to leave the game..they fear to get killed and they cant fight when there are 1 person more that they have. Even meteorites cannot provide PvP expirience now - some 'BEST FIGHTERS' in the game just hiding behind walls , and ask devs for protection, waiting for ppl leave the game, so they can rule' and looks like i just gonna drop the game soon and consider myself winner of some sort, i tired of "nothing happening" for 2mounths Everyone in this game become scary wet cats. whats the point of having rage and ua if you cant even use it? what the point to have battering rams , catapults, if you cant use it? whats the point to have +-RARE rat-on-stick food (2%hunger , energy -500% , will-2 , psy - 0.5) while you can catch krickets and roast it and it gives (2% hunger , energy -700% , will-2 , agi-1) ?????? Devs just dont know what the game they want to develop.They dont know what they doing.Thats a problem.Devs need to think about how their game should look like - farming|mining simulator or sandbox SURVIVAL with parmadez for ""95%"" people in this topic -> Go cry about: How you scared to lose your precious basement and character , coz you stupid and cant make allies and find protection , or just make an agreement with those who gonna siedge you.... There are different games , and all game have GAME OVER screen. remember it.ITS OK TO LOSE THINGS, but you cry like little baby that are about to lose they candy

The official forum language is English. Please post in English. Other languages are allowed in the Dwarves and Thieves subforum, so that people can recruit others that speak their desired language.
MadNomad

Postby thesourceofsadness » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:57 am

Omnipotent wrote:...unless we implement something like EVE's system it's probably never going to work for everyone.

Yay, +1 to Eve's system!
thesourceofsadness

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:48 am

thesourceofsadness wrote:
Omnipotent wrote:...unless we implement something like EVE's system it's probably never going to work for everyone.

Yay, +1 to Eve's system!

It's hardly perfect. It's very easy to force a POS into reinforced mode so that it comes out exactly when you want it to if the defender doesn't manipulate the timers, and if the defender does manipulate the timers, then there is a huge advantage for them.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby thesourceofsadness » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:07 am

MagicManICT wrote:
thesourceofsadness wrote:

Yay, +1 to Eve's system!

It's hardly perfect. It's very easy to force a POS into reinforced mode so that it comes out exactly when you want it to if the defender doesn't manipulate the timers, and if the defender does manipulate the timers, then there is a huge advantage for them.

As i already wrote somewhere in this topic, current Eve siege system allows defenders to put a "vulnerability window" - a period of time when and only when their structures can be attacked, so they may plan defense with their timezone and RL jobs in mind. Yes, it may be count as an advantage, but it's not really "huge", 'cause they should make a one large window or a lot of smaller windows, so attackers still have a choice.

But, what is more important, after initial attack there's a timer starts counting till the real damage can be made, so both sides have time to prepare. I suggest to make both village claim and siege claim with siege machines to be invulnerable in this period (for, at least, 24 hours).

Structures with no fuel in Eve can be sieged with no timers, so may be done to claims in HnH wich run out of presence.
thesourceofsadness

Postby Granger » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:23 pm

thesourceofsadness wrote:Structures with no fuel in Eve can be sieged with no timers, so may be done to claims in HnH wich run out of presence.

A claim without presence dosn't exist for any practical purposes, does it?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:11 pm

Granger wrote:
thesourceofsadness wrote:Structures with no fuel in Eve can be sieged with no timers, so may be done to claims in HnH wich run out of presence.

A claim without presence dosn't exist for any practical purposes, does it?

The only thing you need criminal acts on for is... breaking the totem... I think. I don't recall even picking up "visitor" on abandoned claims so far.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements