Game Development: Studded Rabbit

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Studded Rabbit

Postby LostJustice » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:43 pm

Lojka wrote:problem is not in accidental deaths of non-rage characters

problem is in death penalty
it is so big push-back, that most playlers won't be able to participate in pvp-actions
some at least only if they make combat-alt, but most ppl don't want to feed many characters, they want to play as one.

so game says you - if you do not know how to fight - do not go to pvp
but how you will learn it, if you first attempt will half your characters stats

so half players just won't participate in pvp actions, and world will be more empty

Valhalla. When you are in character creation room go left instead of towards the path way. You will see a rainbow and you can go in there and select an existing char or create a new one. From there you are able to set stats of yourself and gear and use combat moves to practice PvP. People do group spars like this to learn. If you don’t want to compete stat wise in PvP then what are you really risking if you just make PvP equal with no stats?
LostJustice

Postby Kaios » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:21 pm

LostJustice wrote:Valhalla. When you are in character creation room go left instead of towards the path way. You will see a rainbow and you can go in there and select an existing char or create a new one. From there you are able to set stats of yourself and gear and use combat moves to practice PvP. People do group spars like this to learn. If you don’t want to compete stat wise in PvP then what are you really risking if you just make PvP equal with no stats?

Valhalla is nice but in my opinion does not give an accurate representation of how players will truly react under the pressure of high risk combat. Ideally you should only set your stats as high as they could be in-game with gilding and you should try to find gear similar in quality as possible to your own to get as close as possible to how it really is in-game for your player. You can get some practice in Valhalla sure, but honestly your best bet is to just go out and fight and try not to die if you really want to learn pvp. Problem with that is most players don’t want to risk losing their character without practice but to get practice requires risk.
Kaios

Postby NarrKOTeGG » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:27 pm

jorb wrote: You may now plant tree and bush seeds directly into the ground. Qualities of bushes and trees thus planted is halved, capped downward at Q10. Trees planted using Treeplanter's Pots can no longer stunt.

Еnjoy!

Does this mean that I can harm my neighbor by planting trees on his roads and preventing him from teleporting from Milestone?
NarrKOTeGG

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:33 pm

NarrKOTeGG wrote:
jorb wrote: You may now plant tree and bush seeds directly into the ground. Qualities of bushes and trees thus planted is halved, capped downward at Q10. Trees planted using Treeplanter's Pots can no longer stunt.

Еnjoy!

Does this mean that I can harm my neighbor by planting trees on his roads and preventing him from teleporting from Milestone?

Sure, but you've always been able to just build wicker baskets and do the same.

The question with this is "how soon can I remove the tree after it was planted?"
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby NarrKOTeGG » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:41 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
NarrKOTeGG wrote:

Еnjoy!

Sure, but you've always been able to just build wicker baskets and do the same.

The question with this is "how soon can I remove the tree after it was planted?"

If the road is not used very often, then I can pick apples and plums and plant them quite tightly, between each pair of stones. In a few RL days, my neighbor will walk sad if he sees a fruit plantation on his way to his Knarr or mine.

I don’t say that this is a big problem or I don’t like the update, it's just that the mechanics are very curious.
NarrKOTeGG

Postby Granger » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:10 pm

NarrKOTeGG wrote:If the road is not used very often, then I can pick apples and plums and plant them quite tightly, between each pair of stones. In a few RL days, my neighbor will walk sad if he sees a fruit plantation on his way to his Knarr or mine.

So what's your take from that, remove the ability to plant trees unless you're on your own claim?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby NarrKOTeGG » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:23 pm

Granger wrote:
NarrKOTeGG wrote:If the road is not used very often, then I can pick apples and plums and plant them quite tightly, between each pair of stones. In a few RL days, my neighbor will walk sad if he sees a fruit plantation on his way to his Knarr or mine.

So what's your take from that, remove the ability to plant trees unless you're on your own claim?

I just pointed to a curious, in my opinion, thing that can be used. For example, for the wiles of the enemy or to unleash a conflict. I don’t think it’s worth changing anything, it’s logical and that’s fine with me.

But if it becomes a really big problem, or if it seems to be a potential problem, then it may be worthwhile to increase the growth time of trees planted not from the treeplanter's pot.
NarrKOTeGG

Postby borka » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:29 pm

The fresh planted trees are choppable very fast (few hours) ... i like to be able to reforrest with not much efforts ... something i missed for the looks since long ... so i'm very happy with it :D
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby leonideus » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:10 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:
Reduced the grievous damage from B12 axe by a fair bit.

Why would you do this...

Edit: 30%. It's literally impossible to kill people with a B12 now, unless they've rage. Do I need to run around with a cutblade to kill people taking my resources now? It's literally less than a steel sword...

this from the guy that had a villager rob me blind and then tried to kill me repeatedly via ghost when i raged and left a few scents behind
leonideus

Previous

Return to Announcements