Game Development: Studded Rabbit

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Studded Rabbit

Postby loftar » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:38 pm

Kaios wrote:Omg why are you making eating even worse??

The observation was primarily that characters are being pushed more heavily into more primitive foods the more advanced they become, which felt pretty stupid. In that way, I would argue that we are not making eating worse.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby loftar » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:39 pm

Astarisk wrote:Yeah they should definitely buff the bonfire bonus. It's complete trash currently and doesn't do much at all.

Might be true, but was the "place charismatic alt besides me when eating" really a fun mechanic?

Astarisk wrote:That aside, with all the changes they did to the hunger system it's even more noob unfriendly than ever before in my opinion. It's harder to catch up now than before.

The change to the variance bonus should certainly affect noobs least of all, and in that way it should be actively easier to catch up now.
loftar

Postby Axucs » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:50 pm

By the way, it's very easy to do a job for a lumberjack credo, mb need to limit only full grown tree
World 8 - Lawspeaker of Great Houses,
World 9 - Lawspeaker of Great Houses,
World 10 - One of the founders Hedgehugs realm,
World 11 - Evil mind of Hedgehugs realm,
fanatical idealist, coalition maker/breaker, political crook, chaotic thinker.
Axucs

Postby shubla » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:51 pm

loftar wrote:

The observation was primarily that characters are being pushed more heavily into more primitive foods the more advanced they become, which felt pretty stupid. In that way, I would argue that we are not making eating worse.

I wonder why you nerf food like this with no questions asked, but have stated in the stream that nerfing quests would make people angry because they would complain that they never catch up? :roll:
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:51 pm

Food variance meant you get the total number of FEPs required to gain an attribute reduced for each different food type you eat. As an example, it is better to eat one boar baloney and one bear salami than two boar baloney. Instead of needing 40 FEP to ding STR, you would only need 25 or so. (Terrible example, I know, and not the right numbers, but it's a rough example.)

What the numbers are now need to be determined... Hello, pencil and paper, my old friend....
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby loftar » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:52 pm

shubla wrote:I wonder why you nerf food like this with no questions asked, but have stated in the stream that nerfing quests would make people angry because they would complain that they never catch up? :roll:

loftar wrote:The change to the variance bonus should certainly affect noobs least of all, and in that way it should be actively easier to catch up now.
loftar

Postby Artemiswhb » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:53 pm

loftar wrote:

God, how i love eating a piece of cheese and having to wait a day before i can eat another piece of cheese! :lol: please play your own game
Artemiswhb

Postby Grog » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:53 pm

Took some steps to redefine the food variance bonus. The effect is now reduced for each new food type you eat, resetting when you level up.

I hate you!

This doesn't help shit. It cripples catching up.

Also rip miners.
Last edited by Grog on Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby mietzi94 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:54 pm

loftar wrote:
loftar wrote:The change to the variance bonus should certainly affect noobs least of all, and in that way it should be actively easier to catch up now.

How does it affect noobs less? It was such an easy system to gain feps for anyone. It did not favor good or bad players. It was just balanced in its own way, because anyone could go out and collect shitloads of berries. Now you need salt and tedious questing again. Great Catch-Up mechanic for noobs.
Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued.
mietzi94

Postby Astarisk » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:56 pm

loftar wrote:
Astarisk wrote:Yeah they should definitely buff the bonfire bonus. It's complete trash currently and doesn't do much at all.

Might be true, but was the "place charismatic alt besides me when eating" really a fun mechanic?

It has the potential to be a fun mechanic. Quite a few of our people would have more charisma than an alt and it would give us a reason to feast up together and have a fun social interaction. The system doesn't have to be entirely about alts.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements