Game Development: Studded Rabbit

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Studded Rabbit

Postby 2d0x » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:33 am

MooCow, spicy sauce can mask the rotten food. But this is not a reason to love this spicy sauce and/or rotten food.
You always eat some salad. In general, you are more or less satisfied. But suddenly there they changed one ingredient to another, which you don't like. Will you chew silently or add a sauce that you don’t like too? Or do you report that you do not like this change? I reported. Just informed.

And dialogue from Bulgakov's "Heart of a Dog":

So, I do not want to use a third-party client. I have it, but I do not want to use it. I just don't want to.
Last edited by 2d0x on Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:56 am, edited 5 times in total.
Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:23 am

2d0x wrote:
Ardennesss wrote:
Granger wrote:Use a custom client that rounds the display to an integer in case you don't like the fraction.

I do not even know how to explain. Let's say you have a bad haircut. Well, you can wear a hat by hiding a bad haircut ... But you will know about it and you will not become happier in a hat. Something like this.
I would prefer to return as it was rather than receive useless advice. If I wanted to use a client, I would have used it a long time ago. If I were indifferent to the change in quality, I would not write about my dissatisfaction. It is obvious.
Add something unnecessary, then to disguise it, instead of fixing it? :\

The server has tracked fractional quality as long as I've been playing. (i know because it's the only explanation to some of the "one off" quality questions that have shown up in bugs and HDI since I've started playing.) That the game has finally showed this fractional quality is a bonus. I'm glad I can finally do an exact calculation as the way stat bonuses are rounded, it can give a clearer answer in "should I make this upgrade, or will I be wasting materials because my quality will be 0.2 short."

Audiosmurf wrote:2d0x this is a sincere and unironic question, do you have autism?

It doesn't have to be an ASD disorder. Obsessive thoughts and patterns crop in in multiple disorders that cover mental, physical/genetic, and learning. As sincere as you may be here, it's not really relevant to the conversation when a better explanation can be given as to why it's not important or a good thing. People aren't likely to change their minds when presented with a good argument, but they're more likely to completely ignore a person that comes across as bullying or belittling.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby sabinati » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:28 am

q10.1 is an abomination, how could any of you dispute it
sabinati

Postby 2d0x » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:32 am

MagicManICT wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:2d0x this is a sincere and unironic question, do you have autism?

It doesn't have to be an ASD disorder. Obsessive thoughts and patterns crop in in multiple disorders that cover mental, physical/genetic, and learning. As sincere as you may be here, it's not really relevant to the conversation when a better explanation can be given as to why it's not important or a good thing. People aren't likely to change their minds when presented with a good argument, but they're more likely to completely ignore a person that comes across as bullying or belittling.

Your message is more offensive than the message Audiosmurf, because the presence of your answer suggests that you took it seriously.
2d0x

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:42 am

2d0x wrote:Your message is more offensive than the message Audiosmurf, because the presence of your answer suggests that you took it seriously.

I take everything on this board seriously. If he was truly being sincere about his querry, it has no place here. If he was being ironic, it has no relation to the argument, and he's just being an ass. I believe he's being the latter, but then if you want to know my opinion, I think you're being an ass about the whole "fractional quality" thing... If it's a personal issue, do something on your end to resolve it or live with it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby 2d0x » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:50 am

MagicManICT wrote:... I think you're being an ass about the whole "fractional quality" thing... If it's a personal issue, do something on your end to resolve it or live with it.

I am discouraged... It seemed obvious to me:

Well, "every idiot has his own joys" (C) Hey, Arnold!

I like to do different nonsense in this game. I know perfectly well that this is neither smart nor important. But this is what I like. No worse than collecting stamps or collecting some models. It’s just a little thing that gives me pleasure or annoying, not a global problem. Or it's like a fly in a bowl of soup. The apocalypse does not come, you can eat in another place... but the pleasure will already be a bit spoiled. No more and no less. It does not ruin my life; just does not bring joy.
I do not know how to convey my position and thoughts even more clearly and accessiblely.
2d0x

Postby jorb » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:54 am

sabinati wrote:q10.1 is an abomination, how could any of you dispute it

We're going to look at it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby 2d0x » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:58 am

jorb wrote:
sabinati wrote:q10.1 is an abomination, how could any of you dispute it

We're going to look at it.

\( ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ )/

(╯°□°)╯︵ Down with vanilla decimals!
2d0x

Postby Ancaladar » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:16 am

I.. can't even follow what went down in the last couple pages. Words escape me.
Ancaladar

Postby Vassteel » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:01 am

I see a lot of complaints about questing. I currently really like how the questing works although I never seem to get the hunger buff as often as others claim to.

I also wish instead of just getting the reward outright the quest giver gives you an item

If the reward is exp/lp you would get a curio that would need to be studied, hunger buff would need to be eaten, local area thing buff would need to be hmm donno on this one maybe make it where it needs to be given to a village cheiftan statue since they currently have no use.
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements