Game Development: Studded Rabbit

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Studded Rabbit

Postby Kaios » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:33 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:You are not understanding the fact that jorb and loftar said multiple times that they don't want someone to be just "immortal" they wanted the risk of dying to always be in the game, now they removed it kinda with the b12 nerf.

Did you know that without rage animals don't kill players?

If I have rage and I'm also a miner and I'm mining at floor 5+ when a bunch of slimes spawn on me I'm basically shit out of luck if I get trapped or am too far from minehole before I can finish them all off. Combine this with the fact that some mobs travel at speeds equal to or greater than 4 speed and what you have is sub-group of players that decide they either want to be able to: do every PvE activity without any worry of being killed because RNG dealt them a shitty hand, or you can be part of the sub-group that buys rage and then never takes any risk outside of PvP again, or you can be part of the sub-group that buys rage and takes risks and ends up with a dead character eventually.

Hmm I wonder which one most players will choose.
Kaios

Postby Flameturtle » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:34 pm

Hello again everyone, I've arrived for some casual hermiting. Jorb, I now can't place apples as stockpiles because they are trying to be planted instead, even on paved ground. This is literally the worst thing ever.
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby Granger » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:36 pm

Possibly a stupid idea, but: why not scale hunger generated with the satiations? Getting only a part of the FEP only generating only the corresponding part of the hunger - AND the variety bonus scaling with that - would lead to the ability to stuff yourself for energy without ill effect, wouldn't it?

Would also be a better solution to the variety bonus nerf in general: to give variety bonus in relation to the satiations of the food, eating one berry would be beneficial while eating 20 different ones wouldn't (as they would satiate berries and the variety bonus for them would dwindle quickly)...
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Granger » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:38 pm

Flameturtle wrote:Hello again everyone, I've arrived for some casual hermiting. Jorb, I now can't place apples as stockpiles because they are trying to be planted instead, even on paved ground. This is literally the worst thing ever.

Possibly planting seeds without pots should be started by shift right clicking them inside the inventory, like farming works (just without area planting)? While at it remove the planting of seeds on the cursor (only through shift RMB in inventory) to remove accidental planting when you want to stockpile stuff?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby ErdTod » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:50 pm

PvP is way too boring, not-skill-based and punishing in HnH to be a major concern when doing changes IMO
ErdTod

Postby Kaios » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:53 pm

ErdTod wrote:PvP is way too boring, not-skill-based and punishing in HnH to be a major concern when doing changes IMO

don't let mulder see you say that bro he might take offense that you're disparaging his fine wine
Kaios

Postby pimotimo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:15 am

ErdTod wrote:PvP is way too boring, not-skill-based and punishing in HnH to be a major concern when doing changes IMO

as much as i would like to see more variety on builds and skills I enjoy the system, clearly it wouldnt hurt to get into improving it
pimotimo

Postby Tamalak » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:23 am

I can't stack apples any more :(
Tamalak

Postby 2d0x » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:48 am

Tamalak wrote:I can't stack apples any more :(

This makes me happy. The idiots, stacking unnecessary apples in the woods, will be reduced.
Excuse me, I don't speak English.
2d0x

Postby MrM » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:51 am

So ... what about woodsmanship and forestry skills?
MrM

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements