Game Development: Studded Rabbit

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Studded Rabbit

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:53 pm

loftar wrote:Well, part of the reasoning was that, generally, axes do much less grievous damage than do swords, so part of it was just bringing the B12 a bit more in line with the other axes.

If it is as you say that the 10% difference between cutblade and B12 makes a big difference, then I might be fine with that as it is. Again, the intention isn't to make non-rage characters immortal, only to make it harder to kill them deterministically, and B12 axes were what was reported to us as being the cause of that being the case.

Maybe you could raise the Hirdsman sword from 40% to 45%, leave the cutblade at 50% and raise b12 to 40%? At 30% even if you hit someone for 1shp less than their max hhp say 999 out of 1000 it will only do 300hhp and then if you hit them for way over their max health again its 600hhp + concussion which I believe is 20% max. So with the best RNG it's still impossible to kill someone with a b12. At 40% it'd be POSSIBLE, but EXTREMELY UNLIKELY, but possible and unlikely is better than impossible. Also deterministically killing was very hard, because knowing their health is a guessing game, typically noobs were impossible to kill as someone with a lot higher stats and on equalish stats you would need to do near 100 opening hits which is really hard if the person is using defenses properly. Anyways if you do this the b12 will at least be lower than the swords! Also I think saying part of it is to bring the b12 in line with the other axes seems odd considering the other axes aren't BATTLE AXES or even weapons. They aren't even classified as weapons in the crafting menu's they're under TOOLS.
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Uriel » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:25 pm

Yeah.. and then finish someone with leeches ;)
No thx, I prefer curent change.
Uriel

Postby Ardennesss » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:28 pm

Uriel wrote:Yeah.. and then finish someone with leeches ;)
No thx, I prefer curent change.

It's impossible to die to leeches if you have a positive IQ and are aware of the leech strat.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby Granger » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:31 pm

Smart move would be to:

1) hardcode (pseudocode)
Code: Select all
if SHP<=0 && !rage {
  KO = true;
  HHP = max(1, HHP);
}
2) advertise permadeath in the game been turned into opt-in
3) buy more servers to cope with the the influx of farmville players
4) get filthy rich
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Sarge » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:13 pm

Granger wrote:Smart move would be to:

1) hardcode (pseudocode)
if SHP<=0 && !rage {
  KO = true;
  HHP = max(1, HHP);
}

This.
factnfiction101 wrote:^I agree with this guy.
Sarge

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:36 pm

1) hardcode (pseudocode)
if SHP<=0 && !rage {
  KO = true;
  HHP = max(1, HHP);
}

There are so many other games that do farmville better. I genuinely don't understand this incessant desire push to make the game more noob/casual friendly by stripping away everything that makes it fun and unique.

A thief tried to steal from my knarr recently, so I KOed him, and he lost essentially nothing. It will take him maybe 20 minutes to get the medicine to cure his wounds and replace his Q50 linen pants. It's so stupid to me that somebody can act with hostility towards me, and in order to defend myself I must buy a skill that permanently has a detrimental effect on my character. After defending myself, and winning decisively, I might add, I feel like I still lost a lot more them him. My character being scented is worth far more than anything he lost.

I get that a nab being killed ruins the game for them, but I'd argue the inability to kill most people opens up more griefing, and less interesting player-interaction overall. Please make it at least a RISK for non-rage characters to fight.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Ardennesss » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:45 pm

I agree with snail, having ACTIVE scents such as theft should treat you like you have rage IMO. That way there's a penalty to being scented again.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby Uriel » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:03 am

Ardennesss wrote:I agree with snail, having ACTIVE scents such as theft should treat you like you have rage IMO. That way there's a penalty to being scented again.

Thats actualy good idea.
Uriel

Postby wonder-ass » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:44 am

1) hardcode (pseudocode)
if SHP<=0 && !rage {
  KO = true;
  HHP = max(1, HHP);
}
4) get filthy rich

maybe try this (if you suck at running away you die if you dont suck at the game you live) pretty simple concept.
this care bear shit is getting annoying its not what ive bin playing this game for, for so long its the hardcore death is spooky aspect.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby dageir » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:55 am

wonder-ass wrote:

1) hardcode (pseudocode)
if SHP<=0 && !rage {
  KO = true;
  HHP = max(1, HHP);
}
4) get filthy rich

maybe try this (if you suck at running away you die if you dont suck at the game you live) pretty simple concept.
this care bear shit is getting annoying its not what ive bin playing this game for, for so long its the hardcore death is spooky aspect.

I do sympathize with Your position, but as a business model hard core perma death is hard to sell. If you are a New player and have been playing for a month and then by chance run into PvP-ers you have in practice lost 1 month of progression.
The risk of that player quitting and never become a paying customer is huge. It all depends on the goal of the developers, really.
dageir

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements