Game Development: Studded Rabbit

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Studded Rabbit

Postby loftar » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:56 pm

mietzi94 wrote:How does it affect noobs less?

Their smaller FEP meter means they require less food types to level up, so they shouldn't be seeing much of the diminishing returns before it's all reset anyway.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby jordancoles » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:57 pm

Everything is good but the variety bonus and sand flea changes
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby nosfirebird » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:57 pm

the drink restore amounts are still on the old system of 2/1/.5 percentage needs to be 2/2/2 for all the drinks

they must just want no lifes playing the game with all the nerfs to eating and allowing quests rewarding huge hunger reduction % this world is alrdy fucked by stupidity
Last edited by nosfirebird on Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nosfirebird

Postby loftar » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:58 pm

Astarisk wrote:It has the potential to be a fun mechanic. Quite a few of our people would have more charisma than an alt and it would give us a reason to feast up together and have a fun social interaction. The system doesn't have to be entirely about alts.

It might not "have to" be entirely about alts, but we all know that's how it worked last world. And no wonder, given that those were the incentives. I wouldn't mind bringing back a stronger symbel-fire bonus, but I can't really think of any such mechanic that doesn't strongly incentivize that kind of alting.
loftar

Postby loftar » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:58 pm

nosfirebird wrote:the drink restore amounts are still on the old system of 2/1/.5 percentage needs to be 2/2/2 for all the drinks

It is, and I don't think we plan to change that. If anything, we should probably, rather, add more drinks to cover the other categories.
loftar

Postby Omnipotent » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:58 pm

Grog wrote:
Took some steps to redefine the food variance bonus. The effect is now reduced for each new food type you eat, resetting when you level up.

I hate you!

Also this doesn't help shit. It cripples catching up.

Yeah, doesn't really fix anything from what I can tell. Just makes the people that are already ahead even more ahead.
Omnipotent

Postby loftar » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:59 pm

Omnipotent wrote:Yeah, doesn't really fix anything from what I can tell. Just makes the people that are already ahead even more ahead.

I'm not sure why you would think that. Clearly, characters with larger FEP meters are going to be hit much more by the diminishing returns.
loftar

Postby Sarge » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:00 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:
boshaw wrote:
Avu wrote:Thanks for the b12 and fleas fixes, though I'm sure the b12 is still enough to kill people.

Considering you can do it with a soldier sword i'm sure the b12 can still kill people if you try for it.

If you math it out PERFECTLY, and small cleave them for 99% of their SHP, then cleave them for 100% AND you get a max concussion they'll still have just over 20% HHP left. Animals do way more HHP% than this.

At least make it 50% like the cutblade...

You are not supposed to be able to kill players without rage. Wtf are you not understanding about this?
factnfiction101 wrote:^I agree with this guy.
Sarge

Postby Ozzy123 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:00 pm

loftar wrote:
Astarisk wrote:Yeah they should definitely buff the bonfire bonus. It's complete trash currently and doesn't do much at all.

Might be true, but was the "place charismatic alt besides me when eating" really a fun mechanic?

Just make it so you need actual characters around and not just charisma alts

Sarge wrote:You are not supposed to be able to kill players without rage. Wtf are you not understanding about this?

You are not understanding the fact that jorb and loftar said multiple times that they don't want someone to be just "immortal" they wanted the risk of dying to always be in the game, now they removed it kinda with the b12 nerf.
Last edited by Ozzy123 on Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby mietzi94 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:00 pm

loftar wrote:Their smaller FEP meter means they require less food types to level up, so they shouldn't be seeing much of the diminishing returns before it's all reset anyway.

So you are telling me in the beginning their stat-gain-game will be fun, but when they hit higher stats they need to suffer from the same thing? Sure it doesnt effect anyone that has lower stats, but eventually everyone will get higher stats.
Idk feels like a really stupid change for me tbh. Satiations are so garbage as they are right now, not even doing what a satiation actually is (Satiation is not something you get randomly, but sth you get after eating a lot of sth) and hunger being pretty much just another tedious feature.

Maybe you should have thought about reworking features people actually complained about just once?
Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued.
mietzi94

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements