Game Development: Studded Rabbit

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Studded Rabbit

Postby loftar » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:01 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:Just make it so you need actual characters around and not just charisma alts

If you have any kind of suggestion for how to differentiate those, please tell me, o mighty wizard.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby KwonChiMin » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:01 pm

Guys complaining about fep change are just joking or don`t get a thing, no one ate 3 cheeses/sausages. Ppl ate 1 peace of roast meat and after that 30 different kinds of berries, making high lvl baking/cooking unnecessary. The fix is good overall.
KwonChiMin

Postby Grog » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:03 pm

loftar wrote:
Omnipotent wrote:Yeah, doesn't really fix anything from what I can tell. Just makes the people that are already ahead even more ahead.

I'm not sure why you would think that. Clearly, characters with larger FEP meters are going to be hit much more by the diminishing returns.

No. Noobs could just eat a bunch of berries to get the initial feps to see more herbs.
And continue onward with that.

Now they can't.

You also crippled catching up, because high stat chars still have good food and smaller people do not.

Food variete was about the only thing everyone was able to get.
And out of all things it's the one you nerfed.
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby Genabeton » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:03 pm

Dear developers, we will at least say thank you for what you have done and continue to do. It's all right, Voroshilov on the horse.
Genabeton

Postby LaserSaysPew » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:03 pm

loftar wrote:
Astarisk wrote:It has the potential to be a fun mechanic. Quite a few of our people would have more charisma than an alt and it would give us a reason to feast up together and have a fun social interaction. The system doesn't have to be entirely about alts.

It might not "have to" be entirely about alts, but we all know that's how it worked last world. And no wonder, given that those were the incentives. I wouldn't mind bringing back a stronger symbel-fire bonus, but I can't really think of any such mechanic that doesn't strongly incentivize that kind of alting.

As I understand XP system was implemented to limit alts. Why not make a spell that is required in order to participate in bonfire feasting?
LaserSaysPew

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:03 pm

I don't understand why people are complaining about the variety change. If you're eating 5 pieces of food per FEP event, the last problem you have is catching up.

Also don't really understand the B12 nerf. Why make it even worse than a cutblade or steel sword? I don't really mind non-rage characters being unkillable, it was already impossible unless the person was retarded.
DDDsDD999

Postby Ozzy123 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:04 pm

loftar wrote:
Ozzy123 wrote:Just make it so you need actual characters around and not just charisma alts

If you have any kind of suggestion for how to differentiate those, please tell me, o mighty wizard.

Make the bonus depending on total amount of attributes and not just charisma so that people don't have to use alts for it, make it so that if the stats difference between characters is too big the bonus is very small, something like with symbel? Idk anything really, saying "haha you used alts for it so we remove it completly cuz we dont know how to fix it" doesn't really make you look good, same as with the b12 change xd "we won't make it possible to hearth while koed in water because we want to keep the risk of dying but we are making it impossible to kill someone without rage with a b12" makes sense tbh
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby Sarge » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:04 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:
Sarge wrote:You are not supposed to be able to kill players without rage. Wtf are you not understanding about this?

You are not understanding the fact that jorb and loftar said multiple times that they don't want someone to be just "immortal" they wanted the risk of dying to always be in the game, now they removed it kinda with the b12 nerf.

Did they explicitly say that they don't want players to be immortal in this context or did they mean in general? Because from where I'm sitting it's quite clear that this change is specifically so that you can not kill players without rage through grievous damage.

Loftar/Jorb can we have some clarification on your intentions here?
factnfiction101 wrote:^I agree with this guy.
Sarge

Postby loleznub » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:05 pm

jorb wrote:Took some steps to redefine the food variance bonus. The effect is now reduced for each new food type you eat, resetting when you level up.

With how ridiculous satiation are right now, this feels like a punch to the dick. This only really makes it so you must use more of your hunger bar to "level up", which means more of a grind, which isn't fun.

If you want to continuously make eating more difficult, or even change it, why not make it better instead of more of a tedious grind? For example, this change would have made more sense if you also removed any satiations you received once you "level up". If the idea is to spread out what we make in the food groups, at least incentivize us doing so. This directly affects how much time it takes to prepare said foods, and would also benefit noobs more than this.

It's like you believe "Well satiations aren't high enough but we can't increase those further, guess we should make the grind for additional random food types longer."

loftar wrote:The observation was primarily that characters are being pushed more heavily into more primitive foods the more advanced they become, which felt pretty stupid. In that way, I would argue that we are not making eating worse.

Do you not see the irony here? The new system FORCES players to go hunting for grubs to eat, just so they can get FEP bonuses. LOL. Talk about idiocy.
loleznub

Postby boshaw » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:08 pm

Sarge wrote:it's quite clear that this change is specifically so that you can not kill players without rage through grievous damage.

They should have nerfed all the other weapons then since you can do it without a b12 as well.
boshaw

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements