Game Development: Studded Rabbit

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Studded Rabbit

Postby Ozzy123 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:08 pm

Sarge wrote:Did they explicitly say that they don't want players to be immortal in this context or did they mean in general? Because from where I'm sitting it's quite clear that this change is specifically so that you can not kill players without rage through grievous damage.

Loftar/Jorb can we have some clarification on your intentions here?

You couldn't just randomly kill someone with grevious damage, I've seen many stupid posts saying "if you have enough str you can just oneshot someone!!!" and it's fucking bullshit, b12 could deal maximum 60% of HHP in 1 single hit, then another 5-20% from concussion so you got 80% maximum, to kill someone he'd have to be wounded for 20% of his HHP before the final blow. Obviously you didn't always get the 20% concussion, sometimes you could get 5% and it was only 65% so someone had to be wounded for 35%. Now b12 does 30% hhp maximum, another 5-20% from concussion is 50% max, so you can only kill someone if he is wounded for 50% of his hhp which is stupid, noone with decent stats would go out with such wounds, only noobs that get beaten up by animals. So right now its basically only possible to kill noobs that walk around with 50% hp, more developed players are immortal.
Last edited by Ozzy123 on Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby pimotimo » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:08 pm

You just made miner's life more tedious and made em quest 100%. When making such changes maybe u should ask the community? like after all we are the ones playing the game. I dont mind some nerf on variety tbh, but just doing THIS single change without changing satiations/hunger/questing ... not good
pimotimo

Postby loftar » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:08 pm

Sarge wrote:Did they explicitly say that they don't want players to be immortal in this context or did they mean in general? Because from where I'm sitting it's quite clear that this change is specifically so that you can not kill players without rage through grievous damage.

Loftar/Jorb can we have some clarification on your intentions here?

It's not my intention to make non-rage characters immortal, for sure. But that doesn't mean that I think there should be a clear and well-defined mechanic with which you can kill them deterministically, which appears to be what B12 axes have been.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Hasta » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:08 pm

Great update. Now please add edible ore with 0 FEPs, 0 Hunger and 1000% energy restore.

I mean, seriously, @loftar, is this a poorply planned and very convoluted way of, erm... I honestly fail to see any benefit from cutting down the FEP variable bonus. Is this supposed to make people craft more complex foods? Well duh, we already do that, you know!

This was a swing at huge-village-automaton-breeding-conglomerates to push them from "primitive foods". A swing and a miss. And, as always, you've hit "slightly more than casual" players, small settlements and hermits, and hit us hard.

*cringes* PS thanks for the b12 fix, now we will probably be killed with a cutblade instead.
Hasta

Postby Sarge » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:08 pm

boshaw wrote:
Sarge wrote:it's quite clear that this change is specifically so that you can not kill players without rage through grievous damage.

They should have nerfed all the other weapons then since you can do it without a b12 as well.

Sure, agreed. Would be nice to get further comment from them then.
factnfiction101 wrote:^I agree with this guy.
Sarge

Postby Moonpoppy » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:09 pm

Dumb change i don't agree with the majority of this. Especially variety.
Moonpoppy

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:09 pm

loftar wrote:
nosfirebird wrote:the drink restore amounts are still on the old system of 2/1/.5 percentage needs to be 2/2/2 for all the drinks

It is, and I don't think we plan to change that. If anything, we should probably, rather, add more drinks to cover the other categories.

Mead when?

Ozzy123 wrote:
Sarge wrote:You are not supposed to be able to kill players without rage. Wtf are you not understanding about this?

You are not understanding the fact that jorb and loftar said multiple times that they don't want someone to be just "immortal" they wanted the risk of dying to always be in the game, now they removed it kinda with the b12 nerf.

So what you're saying is that they didn't redefine/rebalance their game when they added the rule about rage in the first place? It looked like a redefinition/rebalance of the game to me.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Ozzy123 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:10 pm

loftar wrote:It's not my intention to make non-rage characters immortal, for sure. But that doesn't mean that I think there should be a clear and well-defined mechanic with which you can kill them deterministically, which appears to be what B12 axes have been.

You don't even know how it worked, right? And you aren't aware of the fact that it will still be possible with cutblades for example, which have only 10% less hhp dmg than what b12 had. So someone literally has to have 10% less hhp to be able to kill him the same way you did with b12s.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby mietzi94 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:12 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:
You don't even know how it worked, right? And you aren't aware of the fact that it will still be possible with cutblades for example, which have only 10% less hhp dmg than what b12 had. So someone literally has to have 10% less hhp to be able to kill him the same way you did with b12s.

Dont even try Ozzy. They dont know how a lot of this game works, but instead of asking they instantly make changes.
Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued.
mietzi94

Postby Raiga » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:12 pm

It seems you can't make apple stockpiles anymore =(
Raiga

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements