Development Headsup: Unclaimed Walls Bashable

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Development Headsup: Unclaimed Walls Bashable

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:50 pm

good patch ty.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby berthedin » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:04 pm

Please don't forget about village claims withouth authority, their walls should be bashable with hands aswell.
Atikin:
whats wrong with me, is that i just wanted a couple of fucking days of peace, but nah your stupid polish ass has to go and fuck it up by ko'ing ppl on the NK realm and casusing more issues and drama.
berthedin

Postby shubla » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:05 pm

That only took, what, 4 years?
But at least we get it now.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Headchef » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:21 pm

Kirche wrote:Good change, are you going to make it so that you can't claim realm cairns as well then?

Not mentioned so I guess not.

But would be good.
Headchef

Postby Ants » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:28 pm

Could you make it so realm cairns can't be claimed....? It's REALLY easy to use alts to claim things.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Kaios » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:32 pm

berthedin wrote:Please don't forget about village claims withouth authority, their walls should be bashable with hands aswell.

Give an inch and they’ll take a mile.
Kaios

Postby Ants » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:43 pm

Kaios wrote:
berthedin wrote:Please don't forget about village claims withouth authority, their walls should be bashable with hands aswell.

Give an inch and they’ll take a mile.

I think it doesn't sound too farfetched. Wouldn't having 0 authority mean the village is abandoned?
Ants

Postby Kaios » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:00 pm

Yes, it’s reasonable if you only consider it from the perspective of a player in a village with many other villagers to help maintain the authority.

In reality I think such changes only screw over hermits and those with less time to play. Maybe a guy goes inactive due to reasons out of their own control and in that time his village runs out of authority. Should everyone be allowed to hand bash his walls the moment the village runs out of auth? What if there is pclaim over the village coverage that still has presence remaining, how would this effect that mechanic? Would you have to wait out the claim too?

Even preventing claims over cairns can have unintended effects that you have not considered at all. If I plan to siege a village why would I not just build cairns around my attacking claim to prevent someone else from creating their own nearby?

Does anyone else even bother trying to think about the consequences of these changes?
Kaios

Postby Ants » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:13 pm

Kaios wrote:Yes, it’s reasonable if you only consider it from the perspective of a player in a village with many other villagers to help maintain the authority.

In reality I think such changes only screw over hermits and those with less time to play. Maybe a guy goes inactive due to reasons out of their own control and in that time his village runs out of authority. Should everyone be allowed to hand bash his walls the moment the village runs out of auth? What if there is pclaim over the village coverage that still has presence remaining, how would this effect that mechanic? Would you have to wait out the claim too?

Even preventing claims over cairns can have unintended effects that you have not considered at all. If I plan to siege a village why would I not just build cairns around my attacking claim to prevent someone else from creating their own nearby?

Does anyone else even bother trying to think about the consequences of these changes?

Couldn't he just fill his study desk with prisms and log on every few weeks so the village can keep some authority? If there's an active pclaim over the village I think that should stop the walls from decaying.

There's a limit to how many cairns can claim the same area. Spamming cairns around a claim shouldn't be possible, I think.
Ants

Postby Kirche » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:22 pm

Kaios wrote:In reality I think such changes only screw over hermits and those with less time to play. Maybe a guy goes inactive due to reasons out of their own control and in that time his village runs out of authority. Should everyone be allowed to hand bash his walls the moment the village runs out of auth? What if there is pclaim over the village coverage that still has presence remaining, how would this effect that mechanic? Would you have to wait out the claim too?

obviously the pclaim would still claim the land with priority over the village as it currently stands, I disagree with the idea that someone who cannot manage upkeep on a village should even have one.
Kaios wrote:Even preventing claims over cairns can have unintended effects that you have not considered at all. If I plan to siege a village why would I not just build cairns around my attacking claim to prevent someone else from creating their own nearby?

cairns have a minimum distance, and I'm not sure what you're trying to get at here, what do you mean by attacking claim? like you setup a personal claim outside of their walls and then you imagine a situation where someone puts up a personal claim to counter yours?
Kirche

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements