Development Headsup: Unclaimed Walls Bashable

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Development Headsup: Unclaimed Walls Bashable

Postby Granger » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:11 am

MagicManICT wrote:At this point, if you REALLY want to wall off your resource, you're going to drop brick walls around it just to say "Piss off!"

I would rethink that:
jorb wrote:make it so that unclaimed walls no longer require siege machines to destroy.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Kirche » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:14 am

Granger wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:At this point, if you REALLY want to wall off your resource, you're going to drop brick walls around it just to say "Piss off!"

I would rethink that:
jorb wrote:make it so that unclaimed walls no longer require siege machines to destroy.

they still have soak though, to even bash a palisade with a sledgehammer you will need 729 str to deal 1 dmg each hit.
Kirche

Postby jordancoles » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:18 am

So faction players abusing the current exploits can bash palisades by hand and no one else will be able to unless they make siege equipment, which changes nothing for basically everyone?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Ants » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:20 am

Kirche wrote:
Granger wrote:

I would rethink that:

they still have soak though, to even bash a palisade with a sledgehammer you will need 729 str to deal 1 dmg each hit.

Oh, damn. Jorb and Loftar probably didn't realize the strength needed for this was so high. Soak NEEDS lowering for this update to make any sense.

jordancoles wrote:So faction players abusing the current exploits can bash palisades by hand and no one else will be able to unless they make siege equipment, which changes nothing for basically everyone?

Can you elaborate on the exploits being used?
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby jordancoles » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:31 am

To name a few: Kebabs when they first came out, bots that would sit 24/7 and wait until satiations were restored to eat again to get maximum gainz (before it was increased to 2 day regen), and this viewtopic.php?f=39&t=65318&start=10#p827356

I'm sure there are other broken foods currently as well considering how many variations there are on food items now.

The shitty thing is that once these things are patched/nerfed down the people who benefitted keep the gains they made while others are denied the same foods to compete. The current hunger/satiation system basically locks the people who find these broken foods/mechanics early and they then keep their lead unless they die
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:59 am

Big number =! overpowered

I feel like people overreact so hard to this. Varity feasting was infinitely worse. Like, Lotus Blooms give infinite FEPs, and nobody is calling them overpowered... But you only gotta collect 1 localized resource for that. For this you gotta farm truffles, pepper, 2 localized resources, and rare meat for this. If there are overpowered foods this isn't an example of one.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:03 am

jordancoles wrote:The shitty thing is that once these things are patched/nerfed down the people who benefitted keep the gains they made while others are denied the same foods to compete. The current hunger/satiation system basically locks the people who find these broken foods/mechanics early and they then keep their lead unless they die

There's the solution: anyone found abusing a food mechanic gets their character killed and wiped from existence... no inheritance for you!! ¦]
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby BlueArcher » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:07 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:

Big number =! overpowered

I feel like people overreact so hard to this. Varity feasting was infinitely worse. Like, Lotus Blooms give infinite FEPs, and nobody is calling them overpowered... But you only gotta collect 1 localized resource for that. For this you gotta farm truffles, pepper, 2 localized resources, and rare meat for this. If there are overpowered foods this isn't an example of one.

huge pepperfarm, cachalot gives lots of meat, some resources walled off, truffles still annoying though
BlueArcher

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:15 am

BlueArcher wrote:some resources walled off

lol ok I'll just wall enough fairy mushrooms and driftkelp to eat nothing but localized resource infused food
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:17 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:I feel like people overreact so hard to this. Varity feasting was infinitely worse. Like, Lotus Blooms give infinite FEPs, and nobody is calling them overpowered... But you only gotta collect 1 localized resource for that. For this you gotta farm truffles, pepper, 2 localized resources, and rare meat for this. If there are overpowered foods this isn't an example of one.

I think it's more of a shock value than anything. No information was given, and so the immediate reaction was to jump to conclusions, and that's usually of "the worst" kind. I can say I was surprised at the values for only two months into the world.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements