Request for Contact: Helfors/Never Neverland

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Request for Contact: Helfors/Never Neverland

Postby sabinati » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:02 pm

Yuginelol wrote:
Omnipotent wrote:
Yuginelol wrote:How are you gonna hide all your q10000 spitroasts from migfhty SQL UPDATE and it's herald, SQL SELECT?

Implying it is truly that easy to do, I think they would have noticed them a long time ago.

Things are not so cut and dry that you can easily remove all cheated food and stats gained from said cheated food. Short of rolling back all AD characters that is, and that could negatively impact people who did not intentionally cheat as well (assuming some people didn't cheat).

It is probably more complicated to do than this sure, but I've yet to encounter a database admin who casually scrolls through tables looking for abnormally large int values in his spare time. So yeah, noticing it would have been problematic, unless you prepare for that specific kind of thing.

fool, you think loftar would stoop to something as plebian as a database?
sabinati

Postby rye130 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:04 pm

sabinati wrote:fool, you think loftar would stoop to something as plebian as a database?

What a spruce cap!
rye130

Postby DPblH » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:05 pm

sabinati wrote:fool, you think loftar would stoop to something as plebian as a database?

AFAIK he is using BDB.
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

Postby Kaios » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:11 pm

DPblH wrote:I'm only trying to say that everyone already talks only about punishment while there is no any fucking word about cheating. We even do not know if jorb is talking about quality. Or what if it is zero quality, not 20 thousands.

wonder-ass wrote:lots of speculations when we have 0 idea of what they have actually done. maybe its time to take off the tinfoil hat until we know what they have actually done?

You might think he would have heard something from them by now and closed this thread if what they are doing is legitimate.
Kaios

Postby loskierek » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:12 pm

funny how one of the major factions is offline cause of reasons for so long after being called out lmao
loskierek

Postby sabinati » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:13 pm

DPblH wrote:

AFAIK he is using BDB.

for accounts iirc yeah
sabinati

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:14 pm

loskierek wrote:funny how one of the major factions is offline cause of reasons for so long after being called out lmao

ye they stopped challenging like 50 cairns at once yesterday, was so peaceful and quiet.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Granger » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:15 pm

DPblH wrote:

AFAIK he is using BDB.

That could actually explain things regarding the lag spikes.

@loftar: in case you actually use BDB please send me a PM and I'll try to dig up what I had to do to keep a server from stalling some years ago.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby eliminoid » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:30 pm

jorb wrote:I have tried contacting through various means, ingame being one of them, but I was then informed that everyone was sleeping. This post ensures that anyone who wishes to cooperate with our investigation has ample opportunity to do so.

That makes sense.
Hi
eliminoid

Postby Hrenli » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:38 pm

eliminoid wrote:Really? You think admin/gm cant see the game data at their volition?

Game data is one thing. Getting the right contact person behind one of those multiple accounts involved to actually answer is another. You really don't see the difference or just pretending?
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements