Request for Contact: Helfors/Never Neverland

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Request for Contact: Helfors/Never Neverland

Postby Yuginelol » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:43 pm

Omnipotent wrote:
Yuginelol wrote:It is probably more complicated to do than this sure, but I've yet to encounter a database admin who casually scrolls through tables looking for abnormally large int values in his spare time. So yeah, noticing it would have been problematic, unless you prepare for that specific kind of thing.

Your previous comment implies that it would be extremely easy to do. Now you're saying that it would be problematic. You can't have it both ways my friend.

My previous comment implies it is extremely easy to find q10000 spitroast in a table of objects that have q values stored if you know that you are looking for id_object='spitroast' and object_quality_value>=10000, yes. It also implies it would be problematic to detect when quality of abused spitroasts becomes an issue, because you have to expect that spitroasts are gonna spiral out and affect everything around them, or, as you suggested, track every single thing on a daily/weekly basis to make sure naughty players don't do naughty things, yes.
Yuginelol

Postby KwonChiMin » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:46 pm

best witch hunt post 2019.

so far...
KwonChiMin

Postby Yuginelol » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:50 pm

sabinati wrote:fool, you think loftar would stoop to something as plebian as a database?

Ofc not. I suspect that dryads running around are actually scouts who observe everything that happens in game and then they report back directly to loftar, who commands his pet marble golem to engrave changes on a miles wide stone tablet in a maw of dormant volcano. Are there volcanoes in Sweden?
Yuginelol

Postby rhzk » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:51 pm

Wasapening 'ere lads?
rhzk

Postby KwonChiMin » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:52 pm

Yuginelol wrote:
sabinati wrote:fool, you think loftar would stoop to something as plebian as a database?

Ofc not. I suspect that dryads running around are actually scouts who observe everything that happens in game and then they report back directly to loftar, who commands his pet marble golem to engrave changes on a miles wide stone tablet in a maw of dormant volcano. Are there volcanoes in Sweden?

Eyjafjallajörbkull
KwonChiMin

Postby loleznub » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:00 pm

Oh boy times up
loleznub

Postby Audiosmurf » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:01 pm

jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby DPblH » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:01 pm

sabinati wrote:for accounts iirc yeah

Great Lag Storm in w6 was fixed after loftar patched BDB. I am sure accounts cant case such lagstorm since it is not frequently requested/rewrited data. So I think both world data and account data are stored at BDB.
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

Postby Leksar » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:13 pm

Okay, what i can see here is that we all need to calm down and kill some sprucecaps, it should help the situation
Leksar

Postby Kaios » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:15 pm

Yuginelol wrote:

Sometimes I do imagine them using stuff like dryads and other things that might appear in loaded areas to pinpoint locations of recent player activity should they want to teleport around to look at things. Not exactly spies reporting back info but still something to indicate when players are around a spot.
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements