Divine Intervention: Helfors/Never Neverland, Roasted

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Divine Intervention: Helfors/Never Neverland, Roasted

Postby dageir » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:03 am

The items Will go away if you drop the item on land?
dageir

Postby loleznub » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:06 am

dageir wrote:The items Will go away if you drop the item on land?

No. They go into another pool that is used when digging.
loleznub

Postby stya » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:03 am

Drop them in a house
stya

Postby ceagger » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:51 am

Omnipotent wrote:
Avu wrote:I think people already sent Jorb the solution so it will be fixed.

The bug might be fixable, but the damage done to this world can never be undone. There are cheated items all over the place. Not to mention all of the cheated items they were able to save during their 24 hour notice to take their things and leave.

I have no doubt they are stuffing their face with more cheated food on their new mains as we speak. And now that they know how to avoid getting caught, it could be far more difficult to stop this from happening again. You know what they say, the scum rises to the top.

Knowing how things like this have been handled in the past, I know it's basically impossible for them to have caught and removed every single little thing they did. It's obvious to anyone who has actually played HnH for more than a few days that a player having drastically higher strength allows you to go deeper which gives you an enormous advantage to getting higher quality industry. Which in turn gives you an advantage in every possible way. To assume no long-term damage would be possible after an event like this is simply inane. The entire point of a persistent world like this is that everything is connected.

Just to take a look at one small part affected, imagine all the people that have been killed by these cheaters. They got screwed and didn't even stand a chance against cheated stats unless they had a serious player advantage (and nobody is stupid enough to try and 1v5+ people with this combat system). RIP all the days/hours spent working on those characters. The time all of those people lost cannot be easily replaced. And I highly doubt the devs have the time or capability to recover all of these lost things.

I understand why it would be advantageous to leave the current world up until we fix this bug and make some more siege changes. And I agree that we should fix things before starting the new world. But the only possible way I can see this being fixed after a massive exploit of this scale would be to start with a clean slate (W12), and to ban all players involved. Letting them continue to play while knowing that they have an exploit which allowed them to easily become the top players by a long shot in only a month is dangerous to say the very least. Even if you think you fixed it, because you do not know the cause of the exploit, there is no guarantee it has actually been fixed in its entirety. For all we know this can still be used to exploit trees, metal, and etc:.

Jorb & Loftar: If you, the dev's, seriously think nuking someones houses and walls is actually an adequate punishment for this gigantic of an exploit, then you guys seriously don't play your own game enough to actually know what is important. The walls and buildings lost would probably take less than a day to rebuild with a faction of their size. It's a slap on the wrist at best and shows you guys are too weak to actually dish out any real punishment. If they aren't completely retarded then anything they actually cared about was alt vaulted and hidden away in many different locations before you guys even saw it. Please try to consider how much time and effort people spend on your game, and then plan out your punishments accordingly. If you have a small minority of people ruining the entire game for the other 800+, then you might have to start thinking about removing the tumor. Otherwise the tumor might be all that you have left in the end when everyone else is sick of their shit. This wasn't the first time AD has cheated, and if history is any indication of the future, I doubt it's going to be the last time.

I say this because I respect the two of you and your game. And I hope for it to still be around in another 10 years. Best regards and thank you for the hard work.

how the hell do you know if ad has cheated?
ceagger

Postby Kaios » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:40 am

ceagger wrote:how the hell do you know if ad has cheated?

Because you can’t name your group Absolute Domination and then lose all the time that looks pretty bad, they gotta occasionally take steps to give themselves an advantage.
Kaios

Postby KwonChiMin » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:03 pm

@jorb, i wonder will there be any statement on forum concerning realm buffs? Or is the information reserved for IRC users or some other weird channel?
KwonChiMin

Postby Hasta » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:31 pm

KwonChiMin wrote:@jorb, i wonder will there be any statement on forum concerning realm buffs? Or is the information reserved for IRC users or some other weird channel?

There has been at least two, jorb said in his usual manner "we know, will fix" and loftar explained a bit more about hows and whys in the Bug section.
Hasta

Postby KwonChiMin » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:52 pm

Hasta wrote:
KwonChiMin wrote:@jorb, i wonder will there be any statement on forum concerning realm buffs? Or is the information reserved for IRC users or some other weird channel?

There has been at least two, jorb said in his usual manner "we know, will fix" and loftar explained a bit more about hows and whys in the Bug section.

well "will fix" was a day ago or even more. and loftar didn`t explain anything either.
if fix isn`t coming for a long time - just tell kingdoms to restore bonuses in standard mode with cooldowns. if this bug is related to previous abuse - make a statement regarding it, maybe it is time to just delete all "made with laurel" items and clear all "drop pools" - water/ground/quest trees... (if we are sticking with this world)
KwonChiMin

Postby Propulsion » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:12 am

:D
Propulsion

Postby SnowWiggles » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:19 am

While I do not play with AD, I have run into them this world and they are not as bad as people saying they are. If anyone is cheating is Hedgehogs. They always seem to be one upping everybody. Now I think I know why. Every single meteor no matter what continenet it was on they have GOT from what I have heard/seen. That seems unreasonable if you ask me
SnowWiggles

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements