Divine Intervention: Helfors/Never Neverland, Roasted

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Divine Intervention: Helfors/Never Neverland, Roasted

Postby borka » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:20 am

terechgracz wrote:Oh god. We're talking about game, not designing philosophical systems!
Botting allows one player become infinitely many players. That's power of botting. There is no human so smart that can match normal programming botter in effectiveness. Even combat bots are better than players(1v1 doesn't need much decision making, provided you fight in clear space).

Philosophically you may ask if designing a game differs so much from
designing philosophical systems
- at last your first 2 words attest that ... ;)

And in a way you confirm him too:
provided you fight in clear space
which is the magic number with botscripts ... a farming bot script i. e. is only as effective as there are no or only very few obstacles ... and running around with script drinking i wouldn't call combat ;) ... and given there is n ways to do the deck game it's scriptable anyways (even with more than 1 enemy) ...
it's just the crappy runaround that makes it look bad to script ...

Botting allows one player become infinitely many players
is plain wrong ... one account one player ... and here we go philosophical again: for some each of their chars is an individual (sometimes even with individual locations) ... some have a main and alts which aren't on par ... others prefer just to play one char to identify maximum with that ... the reasons go from practical to philosophical ... including certain stances on how someone plays ... even "hey it's just a game" is philosophical ...

;) :)

btw. the "can't keep up", competition and advantage thing doesn't bother me ... to play is the way
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Agrik » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:27 am

terechgracz wrote:Oh god. We're talking about game, not designing philosophical systems!
Botting allows one player become infinitely many players. That's power of botting.
Botting allows one to become many workers, but not players, because bots aren't "playing". Executing fixed commands is not how "players" do "play" in a "game".

terechgracz wrote:There is no human so smart that can match normal programming botter in effectiveness.
Yes, botter will have more effectiveness in brainless moving items from one pile to another. Why would someone require a living human to spend time of his life on this instead of solving problems that ask for no less than thinking, if conveyor or wind-powerd pump move items better?

I want to repeat, I'm not against banning botters. I'm just saying this is treating symptoms, not the disease.

terechgracz wrote:Even combat bots are better than players(1v1 doesn't need much decision making, provided you fight in clear space).
Highlighted the root cause. In my opinion.
Agrik

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:34 am

only thing that gets botted is farming/metal spiraling. and tbh that isnt the players fault its the games fault for being so boring and repetitive that you set a bot to do it for you.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby DougRatmen » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:53 am

Hey, don't want to be that guy, but it seems NNL is back with plenty of boosts...

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

I thought the entire realm was going to be forfit?
W8 - Hermit
W9 - Ranger of Bleakwater > Lawspeaker of Meadhaus
W10 - Knights who say Ni founder > 404 > Rattenschlob >Lawspeaker of LT > Solaire > Lategame Hermit
W11 - Knights Solaire founder
DougRatmen

Postby vatas » Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:48 am

DougRatmen wrote:Hey, don't want to be that guy, but it seems NNL is back with plenty of boosts...

Dev definition of "forfeit" was apparently "we deleted the coronation stone and left everything else behind so that they only had to build new coronation stone to completely restore the realm to back how it was."
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Granger » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:10 pm

wonder-ass wrote:only thing that gets botted is farming/metal spiraling.

Why would one stop there?

Hint: they don't.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Pills » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:38 pm

vatas wrote:
DougRatmen wrote:Hey, don't want to be that guy, but it seems NNL is back with plenty of boosts...

Dev definition of "forfeit" was apparently "we deleted the coronation stone and left everything else behind so that they only had to build new coronation stone to completely restore the realm to back how it was."

Yeah the fact that they just basically haven't been punished at all for this is disgusting. Entire place should have been actually nuked from existence for abusing a bug and making no effort what so ever to report it.

This is just insulting to every single other legitimate player of the game. This entire fiasco has made me seriously reconsider financially supporting the game at all in the future because the dev's clearly do not care for the majority of the population and making a fair playing field against bug abusers. They warned everyone involved with a HUGE time slot about their bug abuse, everyone involved basically refused to say anything and had plenty of time to smuggle all their abused gear out of the village. Coronation stone gets bashed and just needed to be rebuilt.

"the entire Realms of "Never Neverland" and "MOTHERLAND", are deemed forfeit." best joke of 2019.

Its not too late for them to roll out punishment for this, but the longer they leave it the longer i can see more and more people either leaving the game entirely or no longer financially supporting it. This entire stance by the devs just says "we do not care about legitimate players having a fair playing field, if you abuse bugs you can basically get away with it with very little punishment. Give us all your money and heres a hat." Disgusting.
Pills

Postby Hasta » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:53 pm

The entire forfeiture of Realms of "Never Neverland" and "MOTHERLAND" is deemed forfeit.
Hasta

Postby Ardennesss » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:58 pm

Hasta wrote:The entire forfeiture of Realms of "Never Neverland" and "MOTHERLAND" is deemed forfeit.

:lol:
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:04 pm

Granger wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:only thing that gets botted is farming/metal spiraling.

Why would one stop there?

Hint: they don't.

what else would you bot? there is nothing else too bot.
maybe pearls but that has extreme diminishing returns highly doubt anyone wasted time making a bot for it.

the whole " major factions bot everything!" is bullshit they buy everything with their top industry.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements