Game Development: Bog Turtle Boogaloo

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bog Turtle Boogaloo

Postby Oddity » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:46 am

jorb wrote:
  • Considering removing hunger.

Big if true.
wonder-ass wrote:oh god pls dont fucking remove hunger remove satiations instead!

this+
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby _Gunnar » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:53 am

Why not merge satiations and hunger and have satiations start from 300% and go down deterministically according to food eaten? And go back up more slowly than they do now (and probably even more slowly than hunger does now). That way miners won't be fucked since they can just eat creepy crawlies etc, and people don't have to eat every few hours to keep up. Salt and quests could apply to random (or nonrandom) satiations, rather than globally to hunger.
_Gunnar

Postby stickman » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:54 am

Hasta wrote:
stickman wrote:people who only play after work wil quickly fall way behind.

...as opposed to current totally different situation where everyone is on the level regarless of time spent questing.

well fixing questing is a different though and he mentioned questing as something to possible change. I only play after work so i am a little worried everyone wants to go back to the botted feasting situation we had last world which is not fun because i dont bot and when im on i want to hunt or do other things other then eat and make food for hours.
stickman

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:03 am

Oddity wrote:
jorb wrote:
  • Considering removing hunger.

Big if true.
wonder-ass wrote:oh god pls dont fucking remove hunger remove satiations instead!

this+
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Astarisk » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:40 am

Hey the last server crash broke things. Very badly. Realms got broke and no one has buffs anymore.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby Hasta » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:12 am

*grins wickedly*
Welcome to MOTHERLAND.
Hasta

Postby shubla » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:19 am

I am starting to lose my opticality about upcoming updates!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby GamingRAM » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:34 am

jorb wrote:[*] Considering removing hunger. Considering time gating questing.

Well what would the alternative be? Otherwise people would just eat endlessly without any downsides.
World 12: Quit at some point.
World 11: Community Fair Worker
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
World 9: Founder of SnoopVille, Resident of Emerald City
World 7: Hermit and Neighbor to a dead Korean
GamingRAM

Postby Kyline » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:14 am

I wish people that worked their characters got a bonus to food when it actually restores energy. Right now people can be 10000% energy, eat and get full stat value. It doesn't make sense to me to eat when you don't need the energy, however this game actually encourages that.

If people got a bonus for restoring energy... it might reduce people eating several cabinets of food at a time.
Kyline

Postby Mario_Demorez » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:17 am

Kyline wrote:I wish people that worked their characters got a bonus to food when it actually restores energy. Right now people can be 10000% energy, eat and get full stat value. It doesn't make sense to me to eat when you don't need the energy, however this game actually encourages that.

If people got a bonus for restoring energy... it might reduce people eating several cabinets of food at a time.

It wouldn’t. People would hand plow the ground until starving and then eat the cabinets. Rinse and repeats
Mario_Demorez

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements